Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Iance
Fire Beetle

Default Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor

Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor

I am here to tell you about our EverQuest Emulator Server, P2002. Here at P2002 we strive to emulate the best era of EverQuest, the Planes of Power. We have a motivated staff with the intention of releasing content in a timely manner to avoid congestion and stagnation of the server at all costs.

P2002 was launched on 20th of March, the Ruins of Kunark expansion followed on 19th of June. Besides that we have also launched Optional Odus Zones (The Warrens, Stonebrunt Mountains and the Hole), Shar Vahl and Shadeweaver’s Thicket (which means Vah’Shir and Beastlords are both available), the Nexus, the Bazaar and the Plane of Knowledge. The work on Velious has officially begun, and we are currently targeting a late autumn/early winter release date.

Our server is based on the Open Source Codebase started by EQMac Emu, which in turn originated with Project EQ and the EQ Emulator Community. Without their years of combined work this project would not be possible. Our gratitude goes out to everyone involved in getting the game to the point it is today.

If you want to find out more about the team and people behind this project, please visit http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=148

“The Vision”

P2002 is about playing in fairness, having fun, enjoying the quest for pixels and building a community. We promote a healthy competitive raid environment with a hands off GM approach. Much like the original Live Servers, we operate under a Free For All rule set and will only be enforcing EQLive's "Play Nice Policy". Guides are available to help people with petitions, but when it comes to raid and group content, it will be up to players to mediate and create their own resolutions to disputes.

We operate under a 3 box limit, we want this to be an equal opportunity server for all players. While we realize we can’t technically force people to be social and group with each other, there are experience mechanics in place that greatly encourage groups with more than 3 characters (not unlike the original Al’Kabor EverQuest Server).

We intend to gauge all GM released content (GM Events) to involve everyone, not just the end game raiding community. We have so far had a large launch event at server opening, and another large launch event when Kunark launched, and there are plans for future GM events already in the works.

Information on how to get started can be found here http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8

If you have any further questions that are not covered in our FAQ, feel free to open a thread on our General forums. We hope to see you in “our world” soon!

The P2002 staff
Old 12-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Iance
Fire Beetle

Default Update!

We are excited to announce that Velious will be released upon the completion of a Server-Wide event Friday December 18th at 7pm est.

All zones except for Plane of Mischeif will be available for play. PoM will be released mid-year with the later Velious revamps...Cazic Thule zone, PoHate floor two, and Cazic Thule the god and Dracolich.

We will be doing heavy quest testing right up until launch. The database will be completed next week.

Please keep in mind this is essentially a beta release and there most likely will be the occasional bug. This is why we have the forums and with your help we can make the gameplay as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your continued support!

See you there!
Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Iance
Fire Beetle

We have seen lots of new faces with the anniversary celebrations going on; Here are some testimonials from our general forums::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsing3r
Just wanted to say hello all!

I found this server over the weekend while watching Greengrocer's stream.

I am so happy this server exsists!!

Now help me decide something please...

The first night i started i rolled a beastlord because i was just so damn excited. Green helped me get to lvl 9 quickly and then i decided to go try to do the ogre bst newbie armor quests and lost faith quickly.

I am now thinking i should start a duo out and i know for sure one of those will be a druid as he will be my go to PLer for future toons and friends.

Question is, what do you all feel would be a fun toon to duo with him? Im not a pro boxxer so ease of use is important. I also am not too fond of necro's. Everything else however is on the table.

I look forward to your responses and cant wait to see you all in game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossk
While browsing Twitch on Saturday, I came across Greengrocer's stream for p2002 and decided I'd give the server a shot. I'd never had the chance to raid Velious or Luclin and have always wanted to try playing a beastlord.

I created Bossk and started exping in Field of Bone. By the time I'd hit level 4, Greengrocer passed through the zone and spent his time helping me level with a DS and regen. With his help, I quickly hit level 9 in the pit and had my first warder. At the end of the session, Hassling, passed through and gave me a Crystalline Spider Fang and Greengrocer an Amulet of Insight. Now I was doing some actual damage!

I began making trips between PoK and Kurn's. Every time I hit PoK someone was kind enough to give me buffs to keep the exp flying.

After I'd leveled past Kurn's, I began to do the same with Overthere and then Warslik's Woods. Last night, Imarogue, was kind enough to let me join him in Unrest as he mass pulled the zone to get me through 29 and most of 30.

In four days, I've made it through my first hell level and am sitting at 31. I've had interactions with lots of different people and everyone has been super chill and helpful. I've been picking up odds and ends of gear as I level, have been given a couple of items, and have saved up 2.4k towards what will be my first real purchase of SCHW for haste.

If you're thinking about giving the server a try, I'm confident you'll be blown away by how eager to help the folks on the server are.

And thanks to all those who have helped my first four days be so enjoyable (apologies to anyone I've forgotten or names I've confused):
Greengrocer - for your stream, help with the first 9 levels, and buying my bone chips for starter plat
Hassling - for the Crystalline Spider Fang
Skoris - for the buffs, plat, and Velium Spear
Barkles - for logging off his druid when asked for SoW and regen to log on a cleric, shaman, and enchanter to buff me
Imarogue - for allowing me to join his pling session in Unrest
Nagasin, Coloskin, Meagin, Dubbs, and the others I've forgot who have been eager to assist when asked if I could snag some buffs.

It's been great fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of the journey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpingsheep
didnt post when I joined about 5 days ago because I wanted to be sure that this is the place for me. I really appreciate the work being done here and the laid back attitude of the devs. Its just a game after all.

I wanted to sent a thank you to Vincent and Motown who generously helped me at low level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseer
Just wanted to recognize this community for being friendly and a great place! People are friendly and helpful and that's appreciated more than its said I think. Also, GM Breezy helped me out of a n00b situation and was extremely prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. Much thanks!
Thanks to all the players on P2002 for creating an awesome community ! And on to another year or having a great time!

The celebration quests were a real blast, and the team has promised to come up with more fun events for the next big milestones. Next one coming up is the introduction of Innoruuk and CT (2.0) followed by the release of Cazic Thule (the zone) 2.0 which should hit the live server by Summer!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:16 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

if the client wasn't so poor, i'd definitely play there. i can handle the old lighting, but it's just too clunky and frustrating to use.

e.g. if i recall camera movment was junk among other things on my PC. i haven't logged in since it showed up on the server list here. maybe it's just a local problem to my pc. this shouldn't stop anyone from testing that server out.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Iance
Fire Beetle

There were some issues with mouselook sensitivity being screwed up if you didn't limit your FPS with an external program, but the latest build of the client has automatic FPS limiting built in so this issue has since been resolved

You can find more information on our forums
Old 05-25-2016, 01:37 AM
Iance
Fire Beetle

Just dropping in to tell you guys that a long double experience weekend is coming up this Memorial Day weekend! Lots of people are already forming groups in anticipation, if you wanna jump on the level train and have some fun I am pretty sure you will find ample opportunity! I will be leveling a character together with my brother, Ranger & Shaman is what we have so far. PM me if you wanna join us or say hi on the forums! (we are on Central European Time)

Several people have started streaming their adventures on our server, you can find more information here:

I'm Streaming and its not Gatoraid (P2002 streaming mega thread) - Project 2002

Any questions about the server, our population, what the guilds are like? Join us on Discord

P2002 Public Voice Chat - Discord - Project 2002

Have a nice weekend everyone!