Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Default Abyss\Zeb DB

I really hope someone will take this db and do something with it. It deserves a good home. Here is a link to download the db and quest pack. This is my modified version. Please don't ask me how to set it up. There is plenty of information here.

There are some changes to the accounts that I forgot to change back before I compiled the sql. But they are easy to fix. Accounts are set to 2 by default and most zones require a 2 to enter. No new accounts can be created. So just change the accounts and zones back to a 0 status.

Also magic resistance has been lowered across the board and and kunark\rss raid mobs have been nerfed a bit. Prismatic Dye works. It didn't before. I don't remember everything I changed. I never kept a log (yikes). But there really wasn't much. I did some work with augments. I was able to combine them but it never worked correctly. Hope someone has better luck.

http://www.fileplanet.com/179579/170...s-Db-for-EqEmu
Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I would love to archive that db, but I won't let IGN install their crap on my system Any chance of a different host?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

If someone wants to host the file I will send it to them via msn or ftp. I am tbones73@hotmail.com

Would you be willing to host the server, john? haha
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Email sent.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
gernblan
Discordant

I'm happy to host the file.

Mail me at gernblanATgmail.com
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

This thread is epic for all the Zeb players.

An epic thread is not complete without an epic picture.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:28 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Kick ass.

I am currently hosting the Abyss server, but not so officially. I have my own server to run, but mine is just a playground. I felt bad for the Abyss players, so I thought I would evaluate how busy it is to see if it's worth keeping up.

The reason I say "not so officially" is because I have other plans for my server... and hopefully, Abyss/Zeb can find a permanent home soon. Meanwhile, the players should be able to log in and enjoy.

And please, if anyone else wants to step up and take this server, say the word. I have no time in my day to admin/GM, so I am just hosting it.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Gernblan, I will be out of town until the 14th. Maybe John could give you a copy.

Thanks for putting it up, John.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:58 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Sure, I'll mirror it from my site for a while. Prolly take the link down after a month or so.

http://eq.mmoemulators.com/files/abyssdb.rar (22mb)
Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

At the request of the Abyss/Zeb community looking for their server, I have tried to bump the name a little higher in the roster so players know it's running again. I'm not a fan of doing this, but who am I to argue with the players?

I'm fixing a few things, like zone-in points and black skies... and thinking about opening up some of those locked zones. But after looking at places like FG, I am confused if the mobs are tuned lower intentionally, or severely out of balance? Shrooms with 1062 HPs and level 25? seems odd for Fungus Grove.

That's the problem with taking over a custom DB - you don't know what the hell the original intentions were, and I'm afraid to "fix" anything or it might upset the players.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
beerbong
Sarnak

WTB Zeb Clone PvP
Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Sorry to report, my one month "evaluation" of this database has concluded, and it is completely not the server format I choose to run. I have announced to the player base that I will be shutting down The Abyss on my servers soon - but when, really depends on if someone is willing to pick it up and run it themselves (download from the above links). If no one is interested, it will go down this next weekend (Sep 14, 2007). If someone wants to try and set it up, we can coordinate taking mine down and yours up so players do not miss a beat.

I recommend using the above database (as opposed to the current copy) because we made many changes in an effort to add new content, and received no positive responses.

Anyway, best wishes to those players who are once again losing their home due to circumstances beyond my tolerance.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
gernblan
Discordant

John, when you take it down, let me know so I can get a copy of your "final" snapshot. I'll take a good look at it and decide to host it or not.

Thanks.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernblan View Post
John, when you take it down, let me know so I can get a copy of your "final" snapshot. I'll take a good look at it and decide to host it or not.

Thanks.
It's down. And I'm not going to put out our changes, because as I might have mentioned, they were not well received. As to not invite a flamefest, that's all I'm going to say. Your best bet if interested is to take the db from Amra from above (or my mirrored link) and check it out.

It really is a great concept db. Loved many of the ideas. It was just too dumbed down for my taste as an admin.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
monoxideftw
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbong View Post
WTB Zeb Clone PvP
would play