Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:10 AM
askyn
Sarnak

Default Macros - what are your favorite ones for Bots?

Hi all /wave

After FINALLY getting bots up and running on my server, I have a question for you.

What are your favorite macros to use with bots?

Ones for spawning ?
Grouping ?
Summoning?
Hunting?

You get the idea =)

I have searched around, and other then finding a list of the bot command I have been unable to find examples to use in game that will make using bots more fun / productive.

Thank you very much ...

Larry
Old 06-07-2016, 06:16 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

I'm still in the "tinkering" stage of playing with bots, but so far the ^botspawn is my most
used hotkey. I don't have much use for a botcamp cmd, since I usually camp all bots out
at once, just need to hit my own "camp" button and the bots all depop, then hit the camp
button again to cancel it. Much quicker that way.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 AM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

I have a couple Social buttons setup. I run a Rogue group with a Shaman leader, Caster group with a Druid leader (3x Necro and 2x Mage), and Cleric group with an Enchanter leader (used to be a Bard, but switched).

BotOn:
^release spawned

BotHold:
^hold Rogues
^hold Casters

Spawn:
^bgload Powerpuff (my Clerics for Heal Rotation)
^bgload Rogues
^bgload Casters
/target Bubbles (my Heal Rotation Leader)
^hrcreate Bubbles

BotCamp:
^camp spawned

BotAtk:
^attack spawned
Old 06-07-2016, 12:52 PM
askyn
Sarnak

Thanks for the comments so far.

Couple of questions.

First, how do you give bots no trade items? or have them loot the items from a corpse?

Second, in reguards to spawning, I assume that's for extra groups for like raids?
Is there a way to spawn an entire group and have it join you as part of your group?
Old 06-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Krran
Sarnak

In the past, I have given items to bots using item GerogeS tools, but I don't know if that supports the new bot system, or if a new tool is out at the moment. I may just end up inserting them directly into the DB. Handing many bots things in-game can be tedious.

As far as raids, i have used macros to spawn about 100 bots grouped up. I have also assigned rangers to use archery for a quick slaughter.

I also used bot stance commands to have them hold back and attack when desired. I like to have enchanters mezz adds, too, when single grouping.

I am in the process of updating my DB to use new bots, so I don't know the new commands for these features... sorry
Old 06-07-2016, 02:34 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Thanks for the comments so far.

Couple of questions.

First, how do you give bots no trade items? or have the loot the items from a corpse?

Second, in reguards to spawning, I assume that's for extra groups for like raids?
Is there a way to spawn an entire group and have it join you as part of your group?
With the bot as your target, and holding the piece of No Drop gear on your cursor you can use us the ^inventorygive command. This will pass the item to them, and they will hand back a piece in that same slot if there was something there already.

You could also use the ^inventorygive byname <botsname> command. I find it's easier just to target the bot you want to interact with though.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Uleat
Developer

Currently, bots do not support direct looting of a corpse.

Compilin' Dirty