Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:03 PM
drakleon
Fire Beetle

Cool Legacy of Norrath - Classic EQ+ - Launching Friday

Hype Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOh_HZskRtg

I am pleased to announce the official launch for the new Classic+ Everquest server, Legacy of Norrath.

After months of development from our team and several weeks now of beta testing, we are prepared to launch this Friday, September 14th. Our server has been thoroughly tuned to accurately replicate the original Everquest experience with a few notable quality of life improvements.

Legacy of Norrath will either bring you back or take you on your first journey, to the world that captured our imagination nearly two decades ago. We have included all original drops (including legacy items that dropped when the game initially released), zones that have been reverted to their classic status and all of the content and encounters as they were intended to be enjoyed.

In an effort to slightly modernize the experience, we have included a few wrinkles which we feel will only serve to improve your journey. There will be increased out of combat regeneration, that has also been tuned down for raid content, functional Maps which were added to the game client in subsequent years, additional race and class combinations to allow more freedom of choice and Iksars as a playable race. This last addition was accomplished by staging the Iksar home in Grobb and aligning their faction with the other Classic evil races. Once Kunark eventually releases, their lore and home will return to the envisioned and released way.

We envision the Legacy of Norrath server to be an opportunity to progress through the original content, all the way through the Scars of Velious expansion, with simple and practical improvements that do not detract from the original content and intended challenge of Everquest.

Please join us for our launch, this Friday, September 14th 2018 where we will also be offering a 25% experience bonus for the opening weekend. Our website and discord links below have all of the information necessary to join and play on the server.

https://www.legacyofnorrath.com

https://discord.gg/TN5Yqt7

We look forward to sharing the adventure with you!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:14 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Old 09-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Yo, the guy who made this is cool as heck.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:14 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

Blink and you'll miss it!
Old 09-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Bots
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Yo, the guy who made this is cool as heck.
Nothing like being self proclaimed with another Maze_EQ project. When this server was launched from "closed alpha" to beta, I noticed it already had a max players of 93.

I noticed something very familiar in the server description. "Do you remember the friends you met? Do you remember the fun you had?" Do you remember the server description?
Seems to be doing quite well, but I suppose if one takes an old registered server and brings it back to life, anything positive can happen. Nice work.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bots View Post
Nothing like being self proclaimed with another Maze_EQ project. When this server was launched from "closed alpha" to beta, I noticed it already had a max players of 93.

I noticed something very familiar in the server description. "Do you remember the friends you met? Do you remember the fun you had?" Do you remember the server description?
Seems to be doing quite well, but I suppose if one takes an old registered server and brings it back to life, anything positive can happen. Nice work.
You do realize that this happens with ANY worldserver account right?

The statistics are NOT removed when a new server is applied using the same account.

These statistics were from Nagafen's Lair.

The server description was NOT the same as NLAIR.

So explain to me, your gripe?

Old 09-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Bots
Fire Beetle

I think you misunderstood me. I posted a few observations, which the stats, "I thought" were from the "beta" launch. There was no "gripe". That's why I said Nice work. It was a genuine compliment.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Ahh my apologies then.

Not good at discerning between hate and love.