Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Default Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2

can't wait for these to come out!!

http://www.starcraft2.com/
http://www.blizzard.com/us/splash.ht...FFB65.app06_06
Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Cripp
Discordant

damn starcraft II looks pretty badass.. and i thouht they would never b able to top starcraft

as for diablo thats just gona be way nuts.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Congdar
Developer

Is it just me or does Diablo III look like more of the same but prettier? I mean, even Sacred allowed you to zoom in and rotate the view perspective... this looks like you're still stuck with the the same angle with one zoom.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
Is it just me or does Diablo III look like more of the same but prettier? I mean, even Sacred allowed you to zoom in and rotate the view perspective... this looks like you're still stuck with the the same angle with one zoom.
Ya, and that is what has me excited about it! That is exactly what I want from Diablo 3 lol. I want it to be a pretty version of Diablo 2 I personally don't like when they change games completely and make them from 2D to fully 3D. The only game I can think of that did that and turned out good has been WoW.

I've always thought that Blizzard could make a ton of money if they just upgraded all of the graphics on D2 so they could handle today's resolutions and then re-release the game as an updated collector's edition or something. That game is still awesome, but the graphics (resolution) are so terrible lol. Not many games that old that still have 50k+ active players.

Ooh, wouldn't it be awesome if they made add-on packs to D3 so that you could run D1 and D2 in the new engine? I would definitely buy that!