Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Jhop16
Sarnak

Default Zone not booting

I zoned into Soldunga and EQ froze up, and now I cant log in from the char select, the world.exe window says Zone Bootup timer expired. And I also got a client crash error when I tried to #zone there with my GM...

I haven't done anything with soldunga, and was able to zone into there in the past, not sure what happened to it . any ideas?
Old 02-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Uleat
Developer

I did some work regarding zone map loading some time ago.

I made sure that the expired timer message was enabled unconditionally, since it is a very important message.

There are several things that could cause the timer to expire - one being zone maps taking too long to transform.

If you're on your own server, try going into cmake and enable the map mmf option at the bottom. (You'll have to recompile your binaries.)

The conversion can be done either on the fly, or through singular or batch conversion.

"On the fly" means that you boot up your server and move into a zone. The conversion will be done if a mmf doesn't exist. You will still get the error the first time..but,
future attempts to zone-in will use the pre-transformed mmf.

There is a batch conversion script that you can drop into your maps folder and run. It will create a mmf for each map file and then you can boot your server.
EDIT: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...aps_to_mmfs.pl

Either way, you still need to have the new 'mmf'-enabled binaries.

(The singular method can be gleaned from the batch script.)

No guarantee that this is your problem..but, it is the only thing I've seen that causes the expired timer message to trigger.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Jhop16
Sarnak

I'm losing more now, Paludal Caverns and SoldungB, now are not working... I don't understand why I am losing zones