Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 PM
lrincon
Fire Beetle

Default Private login server crashing

Hello, just installed server using the EQemu Installer....everything worked perfect but when I try to run the t_start_server_with_login_server.bat file I get this crash. Running it on a Win7 64...has anyone seen this error before? Thanks!

Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
DominionZ
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same problem.(win 10 64) I'm very new to this and followed the guide and everything went well I assume. However when I run server with login server the login server crashes continuously. I did see a post by someone in a different EQEmulator forum post about having similar issues after using the newest EQEmu installer. He apparently recompiled it himeself and it worked. NO clue how to do any of that. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I'll get it fixed up for you guys, haven't had much extra time this week
Old 04-28-2017, 09:33 PM
DominionZ
Fire Beetle

Thanks man. I was struggling with this for hours trying to find a solution. I appreciate the work you put into this and look forward to getting my server up and running.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:47 AM
Malace
Fire Beetle

Default same problem

in the same boat. Hope a fix is here soon
Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 AM
lrincon
Fire Beetle

Thanks for looking into this Akkadius!
Old 04-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Malace
Fire Beetle

Default Seem to have found a temp fix

Okay so I think I've got a fix for this. However I can't state which part of my final test corrected this issue.

I have the server+login running with no errors now. Here are the steps I did on my final install attempt.

Install with the Eqemulator file in a fresh directory.

Once the script finishes do not exit. Instead type assets. From here I ran the following commands in this order.

setup_loginserver
fetch_dlls
opscodes
windows_server_latest
windows_server_download_bots

I'm not sure how the last two work. I may be running the unstable version. Though I'm not sure if the final bots download isn't a whole server build that overwrites that.

This didn't seem to work after just the setup_loginserver command. I tested at that point and it still crashed. I didn't try again until after all the other commands. So some may not be needed. But this is what I did to get a stable server build going.

I'll keep an eye out for questions or if Akkadius posts a true fix all.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:08 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

** before you do anything to it, you may want to consider restarting from scratch (i say "you should" below, but i don't want to find and replace the tone)

those last 2 do the same, but different, thing. based on what you siad, i'd bet you have a bots binaries and a db that's not setup to use bots and maybe another conflict? either way, it's best to start over. you are correct, actually, it does overwrite all the server binaries.

start from scratch with that setup new server script after you delete it all - server and db files.

if you want bots, use the setup bots command after that script finishes. it will update db and download the latest binaries needed.

setup loginserver next.

okay, i am not 100% familiar with what gets done in that new server script... so, read it as it goes, if it downloads maps, opcodes etc, you dont' have to repeat that... i'm fairly sure it does that stuff already. i'm assuming it does db, binaries, and all the basic stuff in <database> and <assets> of the installer. bots are a 'wrinkle' for some people, so it's not part of it.

One other caveat -- once done go look in your db if db_revision (sic) is not "0000" and same with bot_db [sic] not being "0000" if you did bots. that's a sign maybe somethign went wrong in the setup... if it's populated (or you saw it mentioned updating/setting up the database -- it's echoed at the end "set db_version" to "9017" or soemthing similar) all is likely good.

running some things twice can cause problems... running somethign out of order can cause problems... or may not... so re-read anything in the wiki, including the loginserver sections or any wrinkle you used in installation... make sure to do what those wrinkles required.

some info is outdated out there... so before running any sql on your own to add something, look at it in heidisql or whatever... if it says "add merc table" go look to see if it exists already... if it's there in the correct form, it's already been run and that sql may actually damage your db.

always backup... after you get it up and running then verify you can login and do things, immediately logout, shutdown server and backup everything :p

if after you do this again you run into a hiccup, don't assume it's the installation. double check all the xml and ini files for the server. e.g. i think the config xml file is not set up for a local loginserver... you'll need another google search for that with "eqemu" attached. i think i just recently posted mine in another forum... i use a local loginserver... i mention what i did and that it coudl be wrong, lol... not an expert at this stuff.

------

whichever you did last is the one you are operating on of those 2.

i'm not sure if the "latest" has bots or not, tbh. Latest is just he latest code. they let it float out there a bit, first. Then it's part of the normal server files bots/nobots after no problems arise.

i look at creation date and compare to changlelog date -- that will tell you where those binaries are at.

i don't use the installer for binaries anymore, though... just db updates. the "latest" would be similar to cloning and compiling yourself, but may still be a ~day behind?

the db updates i blieve you do need to run the normal, then bots? i could be wrong, someone please correct, if so... but as far as binaries, choose 1 of the 3 options. bots, no bots, latest all contain same set of files by name only, of course.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:25 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Alright guys, sorry for the wait.

It hasn't been a matter of figuring out what the problem is, it's been a matter of just having the time to even be at the PC.

You can do either:

1) Open CMD -> cmd to your server directory and type:

Code:
C:\EQEmu\servers\peq_server>perl eqemu_server.pl windows_server_download
2) Go to server directory - click on eqemu_server.pl (interactive menu will show) and then type windows_server_download

This will download the latest binaries that are known to be working with each other.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Akk
Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 PM
lrincon
Fire Beetle

Hello, just tried the fix and was able to download the latest binaries but now this error comes up.....its saying that I'm missing the libsodium.dll. Any ideas?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Pull binaries down again, I've included libsodium.dll pre-packaged in the new binaries from here on out.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:16 PM
lrincon
Fire Beetle

Hello again, sorry for being such a pain Akkaduis....I pulled down the new binaries and also tried a new reinstall on a different server and now I'm receiving a missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Thanks for all your help.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrincon View Post
Hello again, sorry for being such a pain Akkaduis....I pulled down the new binaries and also tried a new reinstall on a different server and now I'm receiving a missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Thanks for all your help.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=53840

Try installing this and please report back here
Old 05-01-2017, 12:36 AM
lrincon
Fire Beetle

ok, now its saying I need LIBEAY32.dll
Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrincon View Post
ok, now its saying I need LIBEAY32.dll
Oh jeez.

Alright I've also packed that .dll in the standard installer distributions.

Pull down again via:

Code:
C:\EQEmu\servers\peq_server>perl eqemu_server.pl windows_server_download