Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2017, 04:38 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default Target & possibly Target of Target Buffs/Debuffs ?

I have been trying to find a way to have the target window show the spells we cast on it, ie necro dots, chanter mez etc... I found one reference to a database entry to enable passing the data to clients, and I enabled that with no effect.

Reference: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40321

I suspect it might have something to do with the client, but I am still very new. Does anyone have any experience making something like this work? I know on live I took this for granted

Thank you for any advice.

-Monteros
PS continuing to google...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
Default

That's the correct rule. Make sure you set it for the right rule set for the zone you are in and then reloaded rules. I haven't had any issue in making it work on my servers.

As for Target of Target - not sure on that one. I don't recall if EQ if ever had that functionality to begin with
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
That's the correct rule. Make sure you set it for the right rule set for the zone you are in ...
What do you mean when you say for the zone you are in? I have it in the right rule set - unclear on zone comment
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:51 PM
demonstar55
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
As for Target of Target - not sure on that one. I don't recall if EQ if ever had that functionality to begin with
Yep, impossible.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2017, 11:41 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monteros View Post
What do you mean when you say for the zone you are in? I have it in the right rule set - unclear on zone comment
If you look in your zone table, you will see a field called "ruleset" for every zone. This is the ruleset # that applies to that zone. This is what enables you to have different ruleset's for each zone. What I mean is to ensure that the zone you are doing your testing in has the appropriate ruleset assigned where you enabled that rule.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-2017, 04:42 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
If you look in your zone table, you will see a field called "ruleset" for every zone. This is the ruleset # that applies to that zone. This is what enables you to have different ruleset's for each zone. What I mean is to ensure that the zone you are doing your testing in has the appropriate ruleset assigned where you enabled that rule.
Ah, that makes perfect sense, thanks for teaching me that Will have a look tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:20 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
If you look in your zone table, you will see a field called "ruleset" for every zone. This is the ruleset # that applies to that zone. This is what enables you to have different ruleset's for each zone. What I mean is to ensure that the zone you are doing your testing in has the appropriate ruleset assigned where you enabled that rule.
So, I have reviewed it, and tested in multiple zones with the correct ruleset applied, and it still isn't working.

I recently migrated the players I have playing to the Underfoot Client, and it corrected most of the issues we were having; however, this issue still persists... I know the functions work, clearly - players, and player pets show buffs, debuffs without issues... so it has to be something with the rule/statement.

When I get home, I will pull the exact statement out of the database and post it - but I believe it is exactly as mentioned in the linked post.

I am having a blast working on the server and tuning it etc, and even troubleshooting things like this Just a bit frustrating when it should work, and you can't figure it out lol.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
Default

RULE_BOOL(Spells, AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs, false) // ignore LAA level if true

This is your guy right here. So it should be in the rules table as ruleset | Spells:AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs | true

Just check spelling etc.

*Disclaimer: I only play on RoF2. I don't know if it only works with that client...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2017, 07:52 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
RULE_BOOL(Spells, AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs, false) // ignore LAA level if true

This is your guy right here. So it should be in the rules table as ruleset | Spells:AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs | true

Just check spelling etc.

*Disclaimer: I only play on RoF2. I don't know if it only works with that client...
BOOM BABY! That's it... all the other posts had a very small type-o....

They had:
Code:
AlwaysSendTargetBuffs
You showed it correctly as:
Code:
AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs
Problem sloved! Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 AM
Darkscis
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
Default

No worries at all, glad it's working!

EDIT: If you are ever curious what else is available, https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...on/ruletypes.h is where all the default rules are defined and what the default value is. Seeing as not all rules are entered into the rule_values table, you can go through those and add whatever you feel you may want to change.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:34 AM
monteros
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
No worries at all, glad it's working!

EDIT: If you are ever curious what else is available, https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...on/ruletypes.h is where all the default rules are defined and what the default value is. Seeing as not all rules are entered into the rule_values table, you can go through those and add whatever you feel you may want to change.
Very nice! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.


 

Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
EQEmulator is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Except where otherwise noted, this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
       
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template by Bluepearl Design and vBulletin Templates - Ver3.3