Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Furrygamer
Banned

Still waiting to see the talk about the deleted thread.

On a side note, I do find it pretty funny that when someone needs a dev they are not around, till someone challenges their power. When this happens an ambush of current and previous dev team members come and join in the fight. You say you have nothing to hide, your actions are saying we just stumbled on eqemu's area 51 and we have our photo proof of the aliens. If I could do anything to you now, I would give you a dishonorable discharge.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Errr im not sure about this deleted thread, i didnt see it, didnt read it. But i do lurk here every now and again. Anyone that knows me knows im anti the current dev teams way of doing it. So please leave me out of yer area 51 paranoid bullshit
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

*NOTE THIS IS A COMPILATION OF TESTIMONY FROM OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND MY OWN OPINION*

devn00b, you may agree to this then.

For a very long time now, the life's blood of this community has been siphoned away by the "power" of the dev team.

The community has been longing for an "escape" from this nightmare much like the subjects of a tyrant long for freedom.

This power comes from the fact that the mini-login is closed source and dangled over the communities head like a piece of meat being dangled over a pack of starving dogs' heads.

Someone asked why I don't program anything from the ground up, its the stigma behind it. Who would I be doing the work for? The community? I personally feel the work would be for the "tyrants" of the project not for the community itself.

Why do I feel this way? Again; its the stigma behind having an open source project completely dependent on a closed source/PROPRIETARY program.

Now here is the part I find odd, aside from my topic to help the community being deleted (a file hosting site for mirroring). At the first challenge to this "power" every Developer that has been completely inactive in the project, non-responsive to most in IRC, the forums, and everywhere else suddenly comes alive and ready to defend their "power" to the "T".

So when this is "decompiled" and "decoded" the final result is there is a team that reigns over the community that does not want to give up their power in the project or pass the torch. <== That == Tyranny.

Last edited by Lalolyen; 10-09-2007 at 11:51 PM..
Old 10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

To the community: I am a very pro-choice person, and one thing I believe heavily in is the first amendment. So to that and from my military history I have a saying I have come up with, "I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right say it with my life". This is very unlike whom ever deleted that post in which I think was one of the most useful contributions to the community in a long time.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrygamer View Post
Still waiting to see the talk about the deleted thread.
If you are refering to Kayot's Sourceforge Address post that was de-railed, then that was me. Anyone who reads/knows forum rules will know and understand why I did it.
But since you keep bringing it up, I'll tell you why I deleted the posts;
1 - Mr Lalolyen was Microsoft Bashing and we don't bash MS or Linux or anyone here.
2 - This MS bashing was de-railing the thread.

So now , you can turn your flame towards me and test my patience, see how much I can take.

BTW, this thread is starting to rot even more, you're starting to flame - so go back and read the forum rules before you continue
Old 10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
If you are refering to Kayot's Sourceforge Address post that was de-railed, then that was me. Anyone who reads/knows forum rules will know and understand why I did it.
But since you keep bringing it up, I'll tell you why I deleted the posts;
1 - Mr Lalolyen was Microsoft Bashing and we don't bash MS or Linux or anyone here.
2 - This MS bashing was de-railing the thread.

So now , you can turn your flame towards me and test my patience, see how much I can take.

BTW, this thread is starting to rot even more, you're starting to flame - so go back and read the forum rules before you continue
No. That is understandable Angelox... He he I hate MS and tend to get very passionate about it =P.

What he was referring to is what I'm referring to... The Mirroring / download's thread.

It was a very constructive thread, that I even PM'ed you about and said I didn't mean for it to turn into a dev bashing thread, which I had no real control over and I, myself, was blind-sided on it. However and again, I did support their rights to say it.

Last edited by Lalolyen; 10-10-2007 at 12:00 AM..
Old 10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
redneckraccoon
Fire Beetle

WOW! We have rules?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Furrygamer
Banned

I was talking about the thread inside general about the download engine with mirrors. you know the one he was trying to make to help the server always be able to find its programs that keep having broken urls?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Angelox, its not that a few posts that derailed that topic was deleted. The entire thread was deleted, clearly suppressing that contribution and functionality from the community and other contributions mentioned therein as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Well, can you blame them for deleting it? If it was a good idea or not, the way you stuffed it in their face, just piss them off < I've been there, done that I know of a Dev or two that won't talk to me either, but I understand this is my fault and I have to live with the consequences.
It's all in the presentation.

Anyways, you all got your point across, and I'm shutting this thread down (Mr redneckraccoon is right).
I really wish we could do more constructive things, like fixes to the code, database, quests, Tutor new users -

No more of this please - if you want more, you can take it to the irc channels
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 AM
mattmeck

I deleted the thread in question, it turned away from being good for the community and into another bash fest.

As to the comments about the US and free speech, think again!! This is the internet, this is EQemu land and the only rights you have here are the ones the admin and devs say you can have.

When its talk of how to fix stuff and whats wrong I will allow it and make others allow it, when its bashing for the sake of bashing I will not allow it!

Mattmeck
Forum Dominator
EQEmu Land
Closed Thread