Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Null
Sarnak

Default Null Spell Editor

Greetings,

I started building this just as a clone of the Ailia & Bleh Editor (the GUI layout is almost identical) with a few minor changes to fit my needs. It kept evolving over a few months of work off and on to the point that I didn't feel embarrassed at the thought of releasing it. So here it is!

Screenshots
File Loading
Spell Editing

Features:
  • Supports read/write directly from a Database or spells_us.txt (Titanium or SoF/SoD) and allows you to write back and forth between the two.
  • Write the entire contents of the spell data in your editor to the database or only the spells that you have changed.
  • Parses (Most) drop down values directly from spdat.h and skills.h which can be loaded directly from the SVN or locally. This means that you can select custom spell effects in your source directly in the editor or have them automatically updated as the project gets updated.
  • The search field updates the spell list in real-time with search filters. You can also select that it only displays changes that you have made since the last save.
  • Revert a single spell or the entire spell file back to the last save.
  • Copy and Delete spells. Copied spells are appended to the bottom of the spell list and marks it as a new spell.
  • Optional Spell Effect videos (thanks George!) that play in editor. Spell Effect videos that are added to the videos directory are automatically loaded in, so you can fill in missing videos yourself or replace existing ones.
  • Icon Preview for new_icon field.

Install Directions
  1. Download either NullSpellEdit.7z or NullSpellEdit_no_video.7z if you do not care about the videos.
  2. Extract its contents somewhere on your computer.
  3. If you want to access files remotely (like on the SVN) then run trustfall.bat which will add a security exception to your flash player for the directory that trustfall.bat is run from. This is entirely optional.
  4. Run NullSpellEditor.html and enjoy!

Known Issues
  • Spell Data loaded from the database will always write to a spells_us.txt as SoF format.
  • A full database write takes a very long time...go get a sandwich long for SoF based files.
  • Stock Everquest spell files that are loaded and then saved without any changes are slightly different then they started. This is because some values in the original files (mainly the SoF file) have blank entries. I replace these blanks with zeros if the value is a integer, but it shouldn't break your spell file.

Disclaimer
I have tested this pretty heavily but I do not guarantee that it wont hiccup or even explode. Please make backups before using this, and please post here if you have any problems.