Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

Default PEQ data base install I need "dummies" help

ok guys, I really need a install "dummies" guide... as if I know absoulty NOTHING...

Ive got the peqhpeditor folder, Ive installed the tort SVN. I cant seem to install the apache cuz im an idiot...

can anyone please (and I know its a bit to ask) give me a detailed install instructions as if I know nothing, cuz at this point I dont anymore :(

i want to edit PEQ database. Ill be very happy to answer any trigger questions you have to help me get this up and running.... I LOVE the AX-PHP editor and have been used to that but really want to use the PEQ database to run LDONs..

again thanks in advance for any responses, really Ive read and tryed for about a week searching forums and trying to understand and install this thing.. anyway
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

yea i know its asking a lot but plz help :(
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

your request isn't very clear.

what do you have currently and what is your objective?

if you're attempting to use a php editor specifically written for axclassic on a peq database, it may not work. i really have no idea. an editor geared toward specific content is generally coded for said content.

that being said, you likely want to look/ask on the AXClassic forums if you are looking for support/instructions on packages provided there.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

for editing the peq database use Navicat 8
Download Navicat 8.xx http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat8_mysql_en.exe

Download apache
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi#apache24
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

yet another stellar demonstration of your lack of reading comprehension skills, noport.

i clearly stated i had no idea if it worked or not. i've also asked for clarification as to exactly what wrichards123 is requesting instead of making an assumption that the issue was related to random opcodes or unmentioned software.

regardless, i'm sure your explanations have helped considerably, as they always tend to do.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

as he stated i want to edit PEQ database problem solved for editing the peq database use Navicat 8
Download Navicat 8.xx http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat8_mysql_en.exe

COncrete why didn't you post a link to Navicat download I see why you replied it was in the topic header PEQ data base install I need "dummies" help
your lack of reading comprehension skills i understand that was easy.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

since when do apache and php have anything at all to do with navicat?

he's asking for something specific, not random software suggestions. otherwise, i'd have recommended mysql workbench or learning to edit relational databases via command line or python scripting.

focus, man. focus!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

you have to read between the lines get the picture 80)
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

In noports defense, the OP wasnt clear, he states that he wanted to edit the peq database, although due to the nature of how he worded it, its hard to tell if he knows how to edit the database other then the php editor, noport was just helping out and pointing out that its easier to use navicat, although he does for some reason provide a link to apache
Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

in noport's defense? i'm the one that originally stated the OP wasn't clear. noport has since edited his original response where he took it upon himself to comment on my attempt at assitance, which is why it looks like i'm the instigator here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
In noports defense, the OP wasnt clear, he states that he wanted to edit the peq database, although due to the nature of how he worded it, its hard to tell if he knows how to edit the database other then the php editor, noport was just helping out and pointing out that its easier to use navicat, although he does for some reason provide a link to apache
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

ahh ok i must have seen it after he edited, i do believe that noports opcode obsession is hilarious and i always laugh when i see his posts
Old 11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

yeah, he's just sore because a number of people have been ribbing him about it today. self included.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
sorvani
Dragon

It was pretty clear to me that the OP can't do anything and I wasn't feeling nice, so I did not respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrichards123 View Post
I LOVE the AX-PHP editor and have been used to that but really want to use the PEQ database to run LDONs..
Having never used any of the repack stuff I have no idea what the AXClassic can do. I would assume from the name it is basically Trilogy.

If you want to go beyond the repack limitations, you need to build your own server from the source. It is not all that hard anymore thanks to Akkadius.
Go find Huppy's post (January 2011) about how to build a windows server. and then read Akkadius' new post about compiling. Take your time and read carefully before doing anything. Basically Substitute all the compiling and software installation from Huppy's post for what is in Akkadius' post. The rest of Huppy's post stands.

Re Navicat: It is no longer publicly available on their website but as noted previously a direct link is still active. Instead of getting used to a tool that is going away, look around the later posts in Huppy's thread for alternatives to Navicat.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Re Navicat: It is no longer publicly available on their website but as noted previously a direct link is still active. Instead of getting used to a tool that is going away, look around the later posts in Huppy's thread for alternatives to Navicat.
the punch line:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
c0ncrete I see why you replied it was in the topic header: PEQ data base install I need "dummies" help your lack of reading comprehension skills i understand that was easy.
there is a good reason why i posted that link the only onees that understand why the reason and prorf is in there email box 80) and your vary welcome glad to help. there is a good reason why i don't use Huppy's thread for alternatives to Navicat link i'll keep using Navicat 8

the punch line:
you'll have to excuse sorvani he's still learning how use the internet and still working on his reading skills http://www.navicat.com if you look it says download from navicat website. click on download and then click on download center that was easy http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html your lack of reading comprehension skills