Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

Default Blood and Rank (PVE LEGENDS) is now open for testing.

My friends and I really liked the idea of a Discord server, so we made one. After a week and a half we have come to the realization that running an EQ server on the level we want to invest time with is not congruent with running a type of server so few want to even attempt to begin with. Our players have told us that the reason they have stuck around is because they like the staff, not the ruleset. All of this being said, we have rebranded ourselves.

We are now a Legends Server. More info can be found at our website Bloodandrank.com but to summarize we are a PVE server (with pvp events) that attempts to replicate the Legends (stormhammer) server from 2002-2003. This includes a classic experience (with an option to unlock kunark and maybe velious later through votelock) that has heavy GM involvement. This does not mean a ton of custom content, rather that our players will see our GM's more often and will have to opportunity to participate in unique events that make our server different; while still maintaining a Classic experience.

We have an XP bonus in place both for solo and group play. This is not so high an advantage that it ruins immersion while also giving "lone wolf" types the ability to fend for themselves.

No Boxing or Hacking. See our site for complete rules.

Global OOC and Auction are enabled.

Note: We are in BETA. This means that this project will grow with time and as such requires your patience. The server staff so far (still need one more GM and a code guy) are all adults over the age of 30 and we have a lot of experience playing EQ. Patience, Understanding, and building a community will make this project a hit. Now who is with me?

A special thanks to the developers and EQEmu forum friends who have helped us along the way. This is truly a great community and so long as a person comes here with the willingness to learn they are greeted with open arms. I feel truly fortunate to have had this community at our backs.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Soak
Sarnak

Amped up for this...I liked the Discord server, but this is a perfect fit for the devs and GM here since they are so involved!! Looking forward to the future of this server!!
Old 11-27-2015, 02:25 PM
scottsaysmoo
Fire Beetle

Default Good times

Let the good times roll! Legends is the essence of EQ. Believe it will be great.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

We will beta test our first GM event tomorrow evening. It will be an assisted fight (where players assist a legendary eq lore hero in vanquishing a foe to save a town). Rewards will vary but a title is gauranteed to one participant. We hope to see you guys out for a little fun!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

As an update we now have our box on a dedicated server with much better hardware and 100% uptime. We have a developer working with us that is relatively unknown around these parts but still has a lot of knowledge in coding and stuff. I'm so excited to have put down the foundation for this idea and I hope to have something presentable for the community soon!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Veltira
Sarnak

We are moving along swiftly! Please visit the frontpage of our website Bloodandrank.com for some great updates! As always thanks to our players, we had 8 online at once today and for a new server that's a great start!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

We hit 12 members online this morning, we would love to invite everyone out to test our newest features!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Just logged in for the first time, super lost in good ole Cabilis, haha.

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 12-02-2015 at 06:33 PM..
Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 AM
Veltira
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Just logged in for the first time, super lost in good ole Cabilis, haha.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

From our news section:

Today was Patch #1 for us and everything went great! Players can now find "Malakk the Red" in every starting zone. This special NPC will allow you to once per day flag yourself on or off for PVP. If you choose to turn PVP on you will enjoy a 10% exp bonus for the duration, persisting through death. Beware though, a player who defeats another will be allowed to loot one item and any coin currently equipped! It's a dog eat dog world out there, We think this will make for some great community building!

In other news as of today we also have an NPC standing near "Malakk the Red" named "Leo the Gold" who will reward players with fantastic prizes in exchange for Coin of Heroes which players can obtain from GM events. Any player who participates in a GM event will receive a coin. Care to test your luck adventurers?

We ran two small GM events last night, a big thanks to Steelhammer and Glasher for helping us test!

Lastly, I would like to thank the EQEmu community again, you guys have really welcomed us, helped us, and multiple developers/server ops have dropped by with well-wishes. We are quite proud to call EQEmu our home!
Old 12-04-2015, 01:34 PM
scottsaysmoo
Fire Beetle

This is coming along really well. The current group of regular players is advancing nicely.

It's going to be a lot of fun once the base gets large enough for competitive GM events. I urge anyone with even the faintest interest to come check it out.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

We just finished our new patch, many great things going on at BnR! We encourage anyone interested to come to the server and try things out for yourself! 14 online today and growing!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Veltira
Sarnak

GM event (team based, all levels welcome) tonight at 10:30/11ish EST. We would love to see you guys come out!
Old 12-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Braelvenae
Fire Beetle

Server is a lot of fun. Been leveling here last week or so. Great group of core guys on the server. Some of the friendliest and hardworking GMs I have seen on servers. Would definitely recommend. The GM events are charming, unique, and make sure to involve everyone despite huge level gaps.

-Witch
Old 12-09-2015, 09:21 PM
microlo
Sarnak

This server has the most active GM base I have ever played with making sure that everyone levels and groups together as well as offering buffs and GM events even while normal grouping. A great experience. You should join, and If you do join there is a recruiting bonus. Say you are Half's friend and he referred you and great fortune will shine upon you. Unless you are a wizard.
Closed Thread