Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:34 AM
KLS
Administrator

Last I checked the server was a donated box. Also I'm sure CD would mention it to everyone if it weren't coming back.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

ISP fixed!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Loccochris
Fire Beetle

I assume you mean your server is back up and not PEQ which is the topic since their website is still down as far as i can tell.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default been a while

been all week without peq for a while now. got faith eventually it will come back up.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Loeil
Fire Beetle

Yeah me too im missing PEQ, but now i found time to clean my mess and make my Xmass Tree
Old 12-13-2008, 02:15 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

PEQ is not gone. I doubt it will ever be gone. It runs on a donated machine, on donated bandwith. Cost has nothing to do with it. It will be back up as soon as possible, I doubt PEQ will ever be gone.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

the only thing that i can see killing PEQ with the highly dedicated people that are running it is a C&D from the big evil whose name i shall not mention.

have seen the population top 200 a few times here lately, but even that shouldnt be enough to garner attention from them would it?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
the only thing that I can see killing PEQ with the highly dedicated people that are running it is a C&D from the big evil whose name I shall not mention.

have seen the population top 200 a few times here lately, but even that shouldn’t be enough to garner attention from them would it?
PEQ and the whole EMU probably get attention from them. However, a few things keep them from shutting the EMU down.
1) We do not give the client away
2) We do not edit the client (well excluding spell lists)
3) Would not be cost effective for them to truly stop a project like this one because it is worldwide and has countless individuals contributing. Essentially if they shut this site down we could just start up another.

I am certain this EMU gets their attention heck just look at Mercs compared to bots.

Back on topic, I am not worried about PEQ. It has had some down time in the past but always comes back. They keep backups and such so if need be most of the project can be ported to another box at a different location. Though the backup/restore is probably a last resort.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:18 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

hey bushman77 I sent u a pm
Old 12-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Ziffer69
Fire Beetle

It seems the server still down at this time ... ;(

Too bad i was on holliday !

Make it back fastttttt ! plz
Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 AM
svyelunite
Fire Beetle

Default Addicted

Isn't it amazing how the server has been down for 6 days and it seems like an eternity? I've only been on the server for about 2 months and I'm so addicted its sickening. I guess you never really get off of EverCrack...
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Default Cave Dude ?

Hey Cave Dude, is there any way u can shoot us a quick reply on whats going on? Im sure u are a busy guy so we understand it takes time to do stuff.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:27 PM
elation
Sarnak

CD - are there any updates? ETA? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Nomax5
Fire Beetle

I'm just trying to set a server up for the first time and am having a problem downloading the db and the quests the error I'm getting is in cvs
Code:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq checkout -P -- peq_db (in directory C:\PEQ-Quests)
Unable to initialize the CVS process: The system cannot find the file specified.
is this the server you are talking about?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Machine33
Fire Beetle

At CNN.com it saying there are still 400,000 people in the NE without power, the total was once 800.00....could this be what is up with PEQ? All I know is that I am jonesing....I take a couple hits off of the Bong and im ready for some PEQ, I get so high I forget it is down and then I have a major buzz kill when I can't log in......afk to get blunted.

Machine
Closed Thread