Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Element D
Fire Beetle

Default Guidance on how to source the sql -cont

John C -

Thanks for the help, but I'm unfortunately still a little confused. The install did place a HeidiSQL shortcut on my desktop, but when run it doesn't show any database and the open command is grey.

djeryv -

Thank you so much for the work on this solo package! I noticed the update and the new sql, does that also get sourced in the same way John C is explaining?

edit - also forgot to ask. If i leave step 2 out am i still able to use the plane of knowledge from any book location?
Old 08-27-2018, 08:06 PM
John C
Sarnak

When you open Heidi, you should see...

Everything that is populated should already be there. If not, what you see here are the default values for all of it. You then have to enter the password (where the red arrow is) and the default should be "eqemu".

You should then be able to hit "open" to access the DB. If not, it might be time to start looking at additional details such as, are you running on Windows or Linux? Did you change any setting during the install? Are you running the DB on the same box as you are running Heidi?

Fingers crossed.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:22 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Source it the same...but first delete the lines that get rid of the nearby POK books.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Element D
Fire Beetle

I feel i'm missing something very easy here, but when i open Heidi with the shortcut on the desktop that was put there during installation, all the fields are empty including the session name. The only tab i have has is a start tab. New, import settings, cancel, and more are my only options.

Sorry I forgot to add I'm on windows 10, no changes other than the IP for the login server. Opening Heidi on same box as server install.

Last edited by Element D; 08-27-2018 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Missed additional questions.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:52 PM
John C
Sarnak

Great. Hit NEW, give your session a name, and configure the rest just like is shown in the picture above. Hopefully then you should be able to OPEN it and see the DB.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:13 PM
Element D
Fire Beetle

That did it! Sorry if this is basic stuff, but it's all new to me.

I deleted the two lines for removing the pok books and when i hit F9 it says "unsafe queries found" "your query contains UPDATEs and/or DELETEs without a WHERE clause.". "please confirm that you know what you're doing" I think it's quite clear at this point I do not fully.

I've not made any other changes other than deleting those two lines.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:22 PM
John C
Sarnak

That warning is just telling you that there are not any restrictions on some of the queries to restrict which rows they will impact. It is just trying to make sure that you really want to update every record in the database. And that is exactly what you are trying to do, so just tell it to go ahead.

Making progress. You are almost there.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Element D
Fire Beetle

So it did come up with an error 1109 "unknown table 'npc_types' in information schema"

I decided to try clicking on the mysql that's on the left and hitting F9 again. Got the error again.

Do i need to click on the peq on the left and F9 again?

I appreciate your patients.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:43 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Yes...you were in the wrong database when you ran that.

Also keep in mind that this is your initial server setup. So if you mess up the SQL stuff...you can wipe the peq database and resource it without losing anything. I am just mentioning this to put you at ease that you will not ruin anything you can't recover from.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:30 AM
John C
Sarnak

Yep. You want to select the PEQ database (which stands for Project EQ). See below.

You can actually see all the EQ related tables. And djeryv is right, you can always restore your database if you mess something up but I would recommend against repeatedly trying to run a failing script.

Let's use an example to illustrate the point. Assume that a script has 4 lines. The first line reduces all monster HPs by 25%. The second line inserts a new NPC. The third line adds an item - and has an error that causes it to fail.

You run the script the first time. Hit points are reduced to 75% of the original value. The NPC is added. And then you get an error on line 3. So you run it again, and the HPs are reduced by another 25%. They are now 56% of the original value instead of 75% as intended, and a second NPC is added, before you hit the same error again.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:38 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

To further add onto this, for anyone pursing using custom content some of us provide, I would suggest get a server up and running first. If you can login, make a character, and run around...great. Then shut down the emulator and backup the database. Then run the custom stuff you downloaded and make sure it works fine. If not, you can just wipe the database and restore your backup and try again...or throw out the custom content entirely.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:01 AM
Angelicus6
Fire Beetle

Not sure if you can help me, but if I wanted to have the old wolf and skeleton models on my server how would I go about doing that?

I am new to having my own EQ server for myself and maybe family, so I don't have a clue how to do this.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:25 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicus6 View Post
Not sure if you can help me, but if I wanted to have the old wolf and skeleton models on my server how would I go about doing that?

I am new to having my own EQ server for myself and maybe family, so I don't have a clue how to do this.
That is beyond the scope of this particular thread, so you may want to start a new one elsewhere.

I do know, however, you will probably end up copying files from a Titanium install, but someone else may be better to help you in more detail.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Angelicus6
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
That is beyond the scope of this particular thread, so you may want to start a new one elsewhere.

I do know, however, you will probably end up copying files from a Titanium install, but someone else may be better to help you in more detail.
Okay, Thank you and sorry about that!

I posted in here because I am going to use your solo server settings and figured it would be okay to ask.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:26 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicus6 View Post
Okay, Thank you and sorry about that! I posted in here because I am going to use your solo server settings and figured it would be okay to ask.
It is good to start a new topic on this because one day...someone else will search for a question like you have and will hopefully find an answer easier.

Honestly, I would have just outright answered your question if I knew what to do. I just don't know which files you will need to copy and/or edit.