Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:06 PM
anthonny3af
Fire Beetle

Post Serve PVP Setting Questions

hello i have my serve setup and running i have EoC working i like to make it pvp team 2 = Tallon/Vallon Zek Ruleset,

nteger / World / PVPSettings ( 2 ) Sets the PVP settings for the server,

1 = Rallos Zek RuleSet,
2 = Tallon/Vallon Zek Ruleset,
4 = Sullon Zek Ruleset,
6 = Discord Ruleset, anything above 6 is the Discord Ruleset without the no-drop restrictions removed. TODO: Edit IsAttackAllowed in Zone to accomodate for these rules.

but its not working i have been googling it but all i get is to go to nteger / World / PVPSettings

is there somewhere else like to set level and loot and to fix some other setting like level ranges for pvp and so on
i follow one link that hinted to rule_values if so can someone tell me what i'm looking for in the table

need some help

thank you
Old 04-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

There's probably not a lot of people with PvP settings experience around right now.

Personally, I haven't touched any of it and can't be of any help.

There are some people who drop in on occasion that may have some input, so be patient.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-02-2017, 12:18 AM
anthonny3af
Fire Beetle

O OK thank you Uleat for trying to help .
Old 09-02-2017, 01:06 PM
geraldbecker
Fire Beetle

I have literally the exact same problem. Can anyone tell us what the secret sauce is here? I have all the races showing up as different teams, but you cant attack anyone.

I have gathered from searching that there is some sort of zone by zone setting you can turn PvP on by and that is the means to turn this on, however I have been unable to find this setting in any of the database tables.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Demi-God

There are no built in rules for PVP in eqemu, the setting you are changing only applies to the client so it modifies some client behavior depending on the PVP setting.

The server side things you need to change are all C++ code, Mob::IsAttackAllowed, Mob::IsBeneficialAllowed, etc. So lacking any programming experience you won't get a eqemu pvp server up and running.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:10 PM
geraldbecker
Fire Beetle

Are we talking just changing a few values here or writing code? I looked in attack.cpp, client.cpp and it looks like a lot of the legwork has been done already in there.

I'm not a coder but if its changing a couple values in here it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldbecker View Post
Are we talking just changing a few values here or writing code? I looked in attack.cpp, client.cpp and it looks like a lot of the legwork has been done already in there.

I'm not a coder but if its changing a couple values in here it shouldn't be a problem.
If you can find Mob::IsAttackAllowed, Mob::IsBeneficialAllowed and know how to make the appropriate changes, compile it, then you are on the right track to at least having player vs player combat..

Is it just changing a few values? Not really. Sounds to me like you are yet to see the larger requirements of a PVP server versus a PVE server.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.

Tags
pvpsetting questions