Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:13 AM
Tdayin
Fire Beetle

Default Missing libsodium.dll

Hi All,

I just did an update and now world.exe wont start. It says libsodium.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I am runing on win10 pro 64bit. Anyone else having this issue? I originally installed using Akka's script about a year ago.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdayin View Post
Hi All,

I just did an update and now world.exe wont start. It says libsodium.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I am runing on win10 pro 64bit. Anyone else having this issue? I originally installed using Akka's script about a year ago.

I had the same issue.

Go into your source folder and do a search for the .dll you're missing. They should all come up. I had to download one off the internet if you google it. Copy all of the .dll you find in the source and paste it into your eqserver folder where you have your maps and quests etc. Run the world.exe again and you'll notice it won't bring up the same .dll message. There are 5 of them total.

libmysql.dll -- libsodium.dll -- lua51.dll -- msvcr100d.dll -- zlib1.dll

I hope that helps you.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Tdayin
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the help, that worked like a charm. I had to use the 32bit version of the dll.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Not sure about that msvcr100d.dll , I don't have or need that one, my server runs fine.
But for the rest, one can simply run the update scipt (eqemu_server.pl) , go to "assets" and run both
"windows_server_download" and "fetch_dlls"
The windows_server_download updates the binaries with latest stable and also grabs libsodium.dll and
libeay32.dll. The fetch_dlls will grab the lua51.dll, zlib1.dll and libmysql.dll

I just tested this and those are what you get :P