Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Toony
Sarnak

Default #path woes

So, after a few weeks of making a lot of progress and generally feeling very good about what I had accomplished, I decided to work on pathing...

I'm trying to #spawnfix some mobs under the world (I'm reverting to the old lavastorm map) and then fix their pathing with the in-game #path commands. Just trying real simple things like spawn here, walk there type stuff.

So far nothing I've tried seems to have made any changes at all, commands like #path move, #path shownodes do nothing for me.

Then, reading threads like http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41117

I get the idea that dumping (saving?) and processing (loading?) .path files is precursor to getting the other commands to work, but neither #path process Maps/lavastorm.path or #path dump Maps/lavastorm.path seem to do anything.

After running #path dump Maps/lavastorm.path I looked in both the main folder and the maps folder and there was no such file created, of course I could have all this wrong and be missing something else entirely.

For reference I'm on Windows, running Akkadius's server installer and Titanium is my client

btw, I have considered that maybe I just need to blowout the existing path info in the db but I wasn’t sure that was necessary and didn’t want to unless it was, so I changed a couple of the values for the particular grid id I’m working on and nothing changed once the mob started traveling; so I'm unsure that was even the values in question.

In a nutshell, help a n00b lrn2path?
Old 08-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Ok, going to answer my own question, sort of. Once I found the #wpinfo command and could follow the progression of the grid hops, I could visualize what I needed to change better.

The #wpinfo command also showed me which grid_entry I was looking for, so then I just queried with

Code:
select * from grid_entries where gridid=12345
and then updated the hops one by one, I'm sure there's a more efficient way of doing it but this will work for now.

Tags
path, pathing