Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default EQEmu 0.5.5-ZP and ZoneProxy 1.4

As promised, here is a version of EQEmu 0.5.5 that works with a new version of ZoneProxy as well as ZoneProxy 1.4. They are a matched set and one requires the other. These will allow clients and servers to use third-party zones without having to do without any existing zones. Players wishing to log onto 0.5.5-ZP servers must have ZoneProxy running on their clients, and, if running behind a firewall, must have port 8800 forwarded to your LAN IP. As such LAN play with ZoneProxy isn't possible since port 8800 can only be redirected to one IP address at a time.

I should point out that EQEmu 0.5.5-ZP sports multithreaded log in code in world.exe and should be extremely useful for EQEmu regardless of ZoneProxy support, since it means that players logging into the server won't freeze world.exe in the process. I stronly urge the server devs to take a look at it and consider adding it to the tree. The changes are rather extensive, so don't expect me to make them for each and every verision of EQEmu that comes out

You can get them both here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=34673

WC

EDIT: DO NOT ASK ME FOR 0.5.5-COMPATIBLE CLIENT FILES. All requests will be refused. If you don't meet the Windcatcher packrat test then that's just too bad :P