Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default Release night

Here are some goodies for you all to enjoy:

OpenZone 4.3

1. Imports transparency and semitransparency information from .3DS files properly.

2. Imports vertex normal information from .3DS files properly.

3. Does a slightly better job of reading .BMP textures.

4. You can select multiple objects on the object tree and change the position, rotation, or size for all of them all at once.

5. Added a checkbox in the ground editor that will show all other objects in the zone, except placeable objects. It takes a bit longer to enter the ground editor now since it has to build this information but I think that seeing what else is in the zone can be a big help when trying to figure out which ground tiles to change.

Updated WLD Reference

Updated with anything new I've since figured out (like rendering many mob models) and corrected some errors.

DZoneConverter 1.2

Added the ability to render many animated models and animate them. Animated models will be shown in various colors that identify the various pieces of the model.

You can get these and anything else I've released from the following link:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=34673
Old 07-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

nicely done windcatcher, im gunna have fun wiht the new release of dzoneconverter =P
Old 07-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default Hmm

Very exited about this WC however I cant get the zone converter to decompress it keep saying error reading fille?

I beleive the zip may be corupted. Anyone else having this problem?

also I went into the archive and deleted the exe and now I can extract the source at least so i think it has something to do with your exe.

p.s. How do you compile this? Is this for linux? It sure dosn't work in my vs.net as there is no project file that I can tell.

Thank you for the programs some neat stuff happening expecialy with the third party client movement : ) Sparking my intrest in all this again
Old 07-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I just rebuilt the zip and uploaded it again, so give it another try.

DZoneConverter, like OpenZone, is a Windows app and is built with Borland Delphi 6 Professional. Delphi 6 is hard to find now but Delphi 7 should be able to build it too.

WC
Old 07-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default Thank you

Thank you wind it works now

Yet another great app
Old 07-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

hmm wind i was wondering if you could add the option to export the model with its animations and bones intact?

Also, it seems that some models are extreamly bugged, like akheva models are jumbled up, Some models dont have any animations too like character animations...
Old 07-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Yeah, there's something about the newer animations that I haven't figured out yet...for now I'm stumped. I'm guessing that it might have to do with rotation order but I'm not sure. Right now DZC always rotates in X,Y,Z order.

As far as animations, I think that some animations might be in different files or maybe different models use the same animations...I.m not sure. Maybe there's a file somewhere with a bunch of 0x10 fragments that links things together.

WC
Old 07-26-2004, 04:22 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

so with DZoneConverter 1.2 could I make my own model and animation and replace the human one with mine?that could be very cool!