Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:30 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default web

FYI:
Your old thread says you have a website but it no longer works...

http://cucus.no-ip.com/nuke/html/index.php.

maybe you changed it ?

www.cheaterz.info
Old 08-17-2005, 04:39 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Working on a new one.
I'm also working on a new zone.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenteer
- Change server to DR2 instead of DR3, whoever released DR3 is a newb because its buggy as hell.

Are you fucking kidding me? You try to setup a database compatible with live while still trying to figure out the coding and all the other shit. You are the biggest newb I have ever seen if your gonna call the people who have been working there ass off to let fagets like you play cause your too stupid to realize that patching to live was a dumb mistake.

I really could go on for a long time about how much a newb reject you are, but I don't want to get into that. Just watch what you say in the forums, cause what you said was quite possibly the most retarted, selfish, rediculus, and just plain disrespectful thing I have ever read. Learn about EQEmu before you begin to critisize and call people newbs, cause you obviously have no clue.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:22 AM
mwmdragon
Discordant

Default wow

WOW, Woodlife do you need a cold compress for that vein on your forhead that looks like a fifth limb right now.

NeverQuest
http://neverquest.gotdns.com
Emucade
http://dragonsden.emuunlim.com
Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmdragon
WOW, Woodlife do you need a cold compress for that vein on your forhead that looks like a fifth limb right now.

Hahaha. Yes, quite possibly. Sorry, I have very little patience for people that ignorant and blantaly mean.

Edit: Mag, most major problem with server I have found so far is the cap is 50. I personally think cap should be 51 so that AAs can be earned. It gives some of the people at the current cap something to do when PvP does not sound so interesting. Besides.. whats better than having WA3 while duel wielding bloodpoints? Nothing.

Last edited by Woodlife Treestrider; 08-18-2005 at 07:47 PM..
Old 08-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Yep Wood, I ll change the level cap pretty soon.

But as you say, some AAs give a real advantage to people (dual wielding Bloodpoints was evil :p ) though i can change the proc of the bloodpoint..

As for the PvP, I really need to do something to improve it. If you guys have some ideas (that are technically doables) please share them.

So with the few spare time I got, here's my work list:
1/ Lvl cap to 51
2/ Make some changes on the spells so casters are a bit more powerfull. (too bad I don't have the spells_us.txt I had on EMPIRE1)
3/ Improve the PvP
4/ New zone (or probably open the Act3 but I'll need some time to prepare it)

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Mag: The stuff you have on your list of things to do is basically majority of stuff needed. I have a question though; are the epic 2.0s from last time still on this server? If so, will the zone that you have to collect raptor meat from be more stable. I remember it being hard to fit a decent size group/raid into that zone without everyone LD'ing. Also, changing the proc on BPs from a lifetap is a good and bad idea. When I used then before with WA3 on your server, they procced like crazy, but only when doing PvE. They did not nearly proc as often as in PvP cause of resists. Point being that I do not think having BP proc with the WA AA puts rogues or warriors over the line of fairness too much in PvP, but to make it more even you should maybe lower the lifetap value to lower than before, or make gear from SolB have a little more resists to compensate.

With all that being said, there is only one more issue. Adding zones and stuff seems like a double-edged sword. Of course everyone wants to explore more and wants to be first with the new uber gear. But, I think that may ruin the feel of the server, and would make it into a gear race. I think the fact that the highend gear of your server compares to EQLives mid to low end gear makes it so good. I think you did an excellent job of balancing for the most part with just a few crucial points to fix, all because the items in the server don't give massive stat boosts. But anyway, maybe releasing a new act with very few upgrades.. and these upgrades are dropped solely from raid mobs not easily taken with one group. That would make server even more interesting. Also, stick with old world zones, you made a good choice in doing so before.

Also, it may be smart to change looting policies so either only one item can be looted.. or even better would be only money. People PKing each other and stripping your corpse clean just to spite you is getting out of hand and is extremely unfair to those people who have been stripped.

Stab
Old 08-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

ah yes, I've noticed that after the last server reboot the PvPreward variable was set to 2. I'm going to change it right now so you can just loot 1 item.

I was thinking about adding a pvpitem when you kill someone. After a certain amount of pvpitem you could start a quest or puchase some items. But the problem is that people could farm the pvpitems just with 2 chars killing each others. And actually I don't know how to make someone loosing some experience while being killed by an other PC.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Aye, people farming it with another character could be a problem with that. Could try to put a level limit on gaining the pvprewards. This would slow it down just a little bit, because some lazy people would rather just PvP like regular then level up another character.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

compile a gw source..and make it guild pvp..with your lootdrop stuff..that would be nice
Old 08-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

If I can compile the 0.6.0dr2 + GW , why not then...
I'll give it a try.
----
EDITED: I can't find any others GW sources that the sourceforge's ones wich gives me a ton of compile errors :(
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 08-20-2005 at 04:29 PM..
Old 08-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

I think they way you have it now is best Mag. GW with your server doesn't work, because in your server there is more to the server than just taking over cities and stuff. You have a lot have stuff to do besides PvP, which makes it fun.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Sure thing but adding the GW sources could permit me to add some new features. Actually, the PvP needs a bit more love than just looting one item (even it's an epic's one :p).
For the moment, I'm looking for a way to add some PvP stats. It should not be that hard to add, like adding a DB entrie each time a PC kill a PC.
Second, why I wanted to add the GW sources was for the level and guild check when it comes to PvP.

Finally, here are some infos about Act3, so the rumors won't live...
-- The level cap will be changed to 51 so people will can farm AAs.

-- 3 new PvP-instance zones added. Each zone will be under the control of a faction, Shortie, Evil or Goodies. Thoses zones will be 'dungeon' type and will work like a PvP instance in Wow. You will need to get a good stuff (you will probably need all the Secret Temple's lewtz) as the Npcs will be hard enough.
How they will work: First, you will need to get at least 1 lvl50-51 full group of the same faction. You will have to meet near a PvP-npc in each Faction start zone (crushbone, cshome, rivervale). Once you've hailed the npc, he will randomly send you to one of the two different faction zone. This zone will can be defended by this own team. I mean if Evils zone into the Goodies's zone, all the Goodies will can go defend the npcs in the zone. Finally, once you're in the zone, you will see what you will have to do :p

-- 1 new PvE-bonus zone added. This zone, dungeon type, will only be accessible if you have made your job in the 2 different faction zone. If this is the case, you will gain a key (per player). The key is no-rent, don't ask why you will see when A3 will be up. Loots wise, there won't be any very uber items, just a lot of """very""" specific's ones :P

Don't ask for an ETA because I got a lot of things to do RL, but I'm working on the server even if I'm not online.

Have fun,
Mag
ps: Btw, the website is up: http://www.empire.dafun.com
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 08-21-2005 at 06:07 AM..
Old 08-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Server down for maintenance.
No ETA.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Today's updates:

-- Movechar available on the website. (see signature)
-- Fixed a lot of items stuffs.
-- Changed the Goodie's start zone. It's no more Cshome but Halas.
-- Druids have now access to the 'caster' buffs from the buffers.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots