Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Gattsu77
Fire Beetle

What about everquest gold edition will that be good enough to re-install and play on the server?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattsu77 View Post
What about everquest gold edition will that be good enough to re-install and play on the server?
No no nope. Titanium is REQUIRED to play on EQEMU. Nothing else. Sorry but you're out of luck.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:32 PM
mattmeck

And still cant read stickies?
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Gattsu77
Fire Beetle

Nope stickies are to hard to read sorry
Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattsu77 View Post
Nope stickies are to hard to read sorry
You really don't have a leg to stand on here, If by now you still don't know we can only use Titanium, then you must have been in some other planet all this time.

And with this post, ends another "Do I really have to use Titanium?" discussion. This is about Zebuxoruk Server, so lets stay on topic.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
This is about Zebuxoruk Server, so lets stay on topic.
Good plan. I played there last night (I was recovering from going to the hospital, long story) and I'd have to say, minus the lag I was impressed.

Same Zeb, with a few things tweaked. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

I went back to build 1070. For some reason builds 1080+ give me really bad pathing errors (mobs don't pathing they just twitch 5-10x a second) which was causing insane lag in some zones when more than a few people logged on. It took me a while to figure out what was causing it because it was so obscure. I'm not sure if this is a known issue or just unique to my database. Anyways since I changed that yesterday things seem to be running so much smoother.

Also two new cusom zones since launch date. Tower of Frozen Shadows is now home of the first epic quest, and Kael just went in yesterday with over 100 new custom items. Enjoy the custom content.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Gattsu77
Fire Beetle

I have to agree once in a while I'll get a lag spike but other then that everything else is running smoothly keep up the good work and thanks
Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Just a few updates, mostly for an excuse to bump the thread up a bit. A little over two months since I came back up with Zebuxoruk and things are going really well. I've repolished every custom zone and made them really great. The lag issues I had very early on (which seemed to get a little notice on this thread) have been worked out, plus a few hardware upgrades for extra good performance.

Right now I'm working on "Finalizing" (if there is such a thing in MMO development) the custom content that I have out at this time. I've finished or nearly finished all the things on my massive checklist for all the "leveling zones" and have started on the infamous Zebuxoruk end-game. Because the majority of the end-game is starting to re-open I've upped the experience rate (and will continue to do so as more progression content is established). Also the zone spreadsheet has been updated.

Lots of old players have found us again at the bottom of the server select and hopefully a few more new faces will peek in or maybe give it a second chance. Come have fun with me Updates and info at Zebserver.com
Old 04-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Sanity
Fire Beetle

The return of the Zeb server made me come back to EQEmu and I am glad I did! Jibba has the server running smoothly and the content is better than ever. The player base is returning and new players are coming aboard which is nice. One of the great things I love is that although there is a ton of content at lvl 70, there is almost too much to do at the lower levels. By the time you work through a custom zone, you are ready to move on to the next. This equals ZERO grind.

Great work Jibb!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
trevius
Developer

To anyone who hasn't checked out this server in a while, or every before, I wanted to mention that there have been many changes going on with it. The experience has been increased quite a lot. I think the low experience rates were probably the main reason the player-base has stayed considerably small.

Jibba was waiting until he could open some more of his end-game content again before he increased the experience rates. He didn't want players to level quickly and get bored because there was nothing to do at the end game. He has a ton of custom content and lots to do for the end game. He had to rebalance all end game encounters and revamp some of his zones before he opened them back up. Now that he has most of it open, I think the player base will start rising steadily. But he also still has quite a bit of custom end game stuff that he is still working on. There will be plenty of stuff to keep people playing for months very soon I am sure. Right now there is already a ton.

I wanted to make this post so some people might give his server another try if there was something they didn't like about it before. He had so much work to do that it took a while to get most of it done.

His was by far my favorite server of all that I have ever played on back when it was originally up. He has done quite a few changes on the current Zeb and they all sound great! If I wasn't dev'ing my own server full time now, I would be playing on his lol.

I imagine he was waiting to make another post here until he got even more work done, but I wanted to let you guys know of the cool stuff going on. I think you will find it as a much different experience now. He does regular updates, so expect things to only get better and better.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
billiameo
Sarnak

Thumbs up Splay

I'm excited to see the uniqueness added to servers here. I've played on Storm Haven for a bit (thanks Trevius) and have been thoroughly enjoying it, I will try Zeb's as well as it sounds like he's put a lot of effort into his. How the heck do you do it with College? I'm in college (studying abroad in China- learning Chinese) and find it somewhat difficult to find time to play, kudos to you! Also since there seem to be many dedicated server peeps on this thread I wanted to toss an idea.

I've been toying with the notion of suggesting a stronger role for DIETIES. They are picked at server log in still and seem to do little more than cause agro. (as faction relationships on some servers don't work). If there could be a way to reward a player's devotion to their diety via their in-game actions (the dieties have very specific descriptions to help aid in this endeavor) that would bring a hitherfore untapped dimension to the lore.

When I say "in-game actions" I'm not simply referring to quests, but rather to their actual character action/reactions that occur on a regular basis. This is a very loose idea with not a lot of algorithm to it yet, but I am hoping some others may adopt this new dimension as not simply another way to produce/obtain leet gear, but to actually affect the status/representation of a character in-game.

By affecting the status I mean a possible character permanent augment that has some sort of affect on others either visually or physically. For example: A paladin follows Rodcet Nife and his beliefs (randomly buffing non-grouped players, improving diety faction ect...) then he receives at some point a PBAOE heal that emanates unhindered from the Paladin. The effect would be visible (like a heals graphic on the passerby that receives the benefit of the radius). This effect would naturally start out small and increase with devotion/rank in the diety.

I have thought of some of the dangers associated with adding this element and the biggest one I can see is the possibly ease of play. This can be mitigated by the careful testing and implementation of diety abilities that will be balanced across the dieties. The abilities themself are not designed to significantly impact player solo performance, but rather to augment a player's ability to enjoy in-game content and perhaps appreciate some of the lore associated with their diety.

Agnostic would have no ability as it also has no negative consequence to faction. This could be tweaked but I'm not sure what to apply.

Also, there should be some kind of reward for those of the same diety (strongest cumulative affect) and those of like diety (next strongest cumulative affect) that are grouped or in a raid together. This ratio would be congruent to the overall ratio of like/unlike and good/bad dieties. Anyway a lot of possibilities here! Also, eventually, if this takes perhaps a class and a race paradigm could be added making for a very large pool of possible affects.

So in short, some sort of way to benefit those that care about their diety and possibly encourage others to read up on the lore of others so they can appreciate quest content even more.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!!

-Billiameo-