Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:12 AM
SOAPY
Fire Beetle

Default Very Good Fully Legit Server

I've been looking around for a Legit server that didn't have health regain, extra experience, or upgraded drops.

A strictly stock server.

I found one. Its the Divine Reapers Server. The population is kind of low, but i hope that people who feel like playing a stock server will join us here.

Thanks
soapy.

p.s.

feel free to discuss here
Old 03-16-2009, 02:06 PM
TrueDuality
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on this server as well and have been impressed by the responsiveness of the administrators of the servers. It does go down for updates to the world but they are very short, down time is more often the fault of the public login server which I have been horrendously unimpressed with.

Broken quests (if they are reported) are usually fixed in under a week. The connection isn't laggy and the world seems balanced and stable. I highly recommend this server.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
White_Flash
Fire Beetle

awsome legit server, people gotta get in on this, the guys who run the server are awsome and the people who play are too if your looking for a server definitly come into this one and look for Dormir and Greatseska when you get in =)
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
trevius
Developer

SOAPY / White_Flash,

I see your IPs are both the same, which almost certainly means you are the same person. Please do not make new accounts or switch accounts to post just to hype your own server or any server you might play on. It is deceiving to say the least and no good comes from it.

It is perfectly fine to advertise for your own server or other servers as long as you aren't spamming when doing it (be reasonable). We just don't need people making 50 accounts and posting once with each so they can appear to have a popular server :P
Old 03-16-2009, 08:49 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Hahah busted. At least goto a friends house and use their line when your trying to post shizzle like this.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Rezbee
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b View Post
Hahah busted. At least goto a friends house and use their line when your trying to post shizzle like this.
I'm not sure what purpose that would serve, by the time they get to the neighbor's house the site is down again. Mine as well take the opritunity while you have it

Besides I'll be adding my own vote of confidence to the server as well. I op my own server atm but its a personal-lan type setting with just a few friends that play every now and then. I've come to play on this server quite a few times, you guys prob know me better as Thaded, Tarzaan, and Noheals all my boxed toons from live. The server is incredibly stable all of the times I've played and the admins give us heads up if they're going to be patching which in my opinion is good. And there is something to this server I've never, EVER seen in the emu community before... GMs that actually role-play with the players. Awesome! I'm usually running at about 72ms ping on this server which they claim it is in LA Cali, and I'm on the east coast which means they are most likely hosted in a professional setting. I get absolutely no lag at any time of the day on this server, but I'm sure that is partially due to the fact that it is not highly populated either. I am curious though how it would be with a larger crowd

The gms on this server has taken an incredible amount of time in attention to detail in fact any other server op could learn a thing or two from these guys. They are opening GOD expansion up so they claim and we just did a tour of their progress of the raid events in Qvic. When their server op demonstrated and showed us the Cynosure event I was absolutely amazed; completely and utterly breathless (partially because it is my fav raid lol). I've played on the PEQ server before, but these guys are ages beyond what I last remember of PEQ a month ago.

The only thing is, it seems they're needing GM's. I honestly just don't have the time to be one atm with my own server and overtime every darn week =( but when I get the time, I'll be posting my name on their boards.

I hope that helps any decision making on whether or not to create a toon you know will be there tomorrow. They seem stable, and I've been told by the server op and other players that are high levels that the server has been around for the better part of a year. Why they are not in the perfected server list is beyond me unless the rumors ring true of "tyrant admins populating their own server". Again just rumor, I know but its posted on just about every EQEMU related website out there that is not in the perfered server's list.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
SOAPY
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b View Post
hey kid its called college when you grow up and go to school you will understand how a network works.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Rezbee
Sarnak

BTW not trying to make the post more popular or anything like previously posted... just wanted to edit and it said my time had expired :(

Edit would have been:

(Btw no pun intended to the admins, just stating what I've seen and been told there.)

Synopsis: Near exact to live back in the days of GoD-DoN, exp, player encounters, everything but the people, not quite as many people there on a progression type scale. The server has been there for 2 and a half months that I know of and has been up every drop of the way that the login server allows me to login. Honestly I don't see why the heck people pay for EQ when there are servers like this LMAO.

Btw if you join the server look me up, Thaded/Noheals/Rezbee/Tarzaan I'm usually 3 boxing Th-No-Tar and always in need of some company

Thx,

Rezbee Fubar
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 PM
SOAPY
Fire Beetle

This post isn't about if I'm someone spamming the board to get people pissed off. I'm trying to say there is a good server that people who like to play the way the real game is played (without mods), should check this out.

End of the argument.

soapy/xevv
Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 AM
trevius
Developer

If you guys are two people posting from the same campus, then I apologize for my original post here. Obviously, more than 1 person can use the same IP, considering families and college campuses or if posting from the same work/company since they would be going through the same router or a proxy. Just kinda seemed like the 2 people were posting like they didn't know each other when obviously they do. Nothing wrong with that though.

And, there are no "tyrant admins populating their own server" onto the preferred server list unless you count Rogean bringing his server up as a Legends (gold color) server once a year or so lol. The issue is that the only people who have access to add preferred servers are not very much (if at all) involved with the project anymore. Otherwise, there are plenty of other good servers out there with large populations, high uptime, and that have been around for more than a year that would be good candidates for a Preferred Server. I know that EZ Server, SoA and my server, Storm Haven all deserve a slot there, and I am sure there are others. IMO, PEQ should be moved to Legends status If we ever reach a point where current admins involved in the project are able to add servers to the Preferred server list, then we would definitely set certain criteria that would have to be met in order to get on that list. But, that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.

If Divine Reapers has been around for a year, it does seem a little odd that people waited this long and suddenly multiple people are here posting about it Sounds like it could be a fun server for people who enjoy that sort of thing.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
SOAPY
Fire Beetle

@trevius

I understand it looks bad to a forum by being on the same subnet. I got banned from game replays for coh because of the same thing. The only thing is that i can't get in contact with them to explain my situation.

thanks understanding
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Draegoloth
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Excellent

So far i love this server, though i played EQ1 for about 4 years i made a iks bst recently and the way everything works is absolutely live like. Good Work!!

Just dont get yourself Banned.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:34 AM
LesPaulLover
Fire Beetle

Lol perhaps i stand corrected edited...let's just say it would have been ME who made an ass of himself.

EZ server is A+
Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 AM
coreyoli
Fire Beetle

I'm not seeing Divine Repears on my server list?

Has the name changed or is it down?

Thanks,

-Corey
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM
coreyoli
Fire Beetle

Nevermind, it's there now, lol sorry...