Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Well I got my EverQuest installed today so Secrets is developing the code.. we will be starting development soon. Hope on the launch we can have a lot of players coming in.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:10 PM
KingMort
Banned

Your signature is totally rude
Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Ok I have a question.The server sounds cool and all,but is it just going to get shut down a week after you open it like all your past servers?This is not a flame but a serious concern/question so I don't waste more time leveling chars on you or secrets work only to have it dissapear-reappear-dissapear-reappear....

Correct me if I'm wrong,but you are the same guy that had the really cool server that was all based in Dreadspire,with bad ass scripted events right?Well I loved that server,and wasted a bunch of time on there only to have it just dissapear in a week and a half,with you saying your room mate turns off the server on you,and that you couldn't afford to run your computer.Then the server and forums just dissapeared.

Then you had the Bristlebane server which was really cool and had all that bad ass new gear,and you were posting those awesome pics from Crystallos with mobs in it.You kept posting showing progress and screenshots.Then all of the sudden out of the blue you just said you were done with it....

Then after a little bit,you posted that you were comming up with another new server and kept giving all these updates on your progress for about 2 weeks...... followed up by a post out of the blue saying you were ending that server too,and that you were done for good.And that brings us up to this point,where once again you are posting about another server.

And then you have Secrets,who has had a ton of servers and they go on and off and on and off,and then just dissapear of the face off the earth.Plus I thought I just read a post by Secrets not too long ago saying that he was just too mentally unstable(or something like that) to run a server at this time,after his server had only been up for like 3 days this time and then shut back down.

You guys do realize that when you fuck around and shut servers down constantly it wastes a lot of time that people played on each of these servers over and over right?

With the both of you together on a server,considering your past track records,is there really any way in hell that this server will run for more then a week and then dissapear?

Like I said at the beginning of the post,this is not a flame,but just my observations and legitimate questions,because I REALLY DO want to try this server out because I loved the servers they have put out in the past.But I'm through getting suckered in to wasting more time on the same people that have wasted my time already,multiple times in the past.So.... will this be another week long server,or are you going for the long haul?
Old 08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Your signature is totally rude
I didn't say it, I just thought it was pretty funny. No offense Mort.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

And this server WILL be kept up, my other servers weren't made to be kept alive I was practicing building and all, but this server I want to be kept alive and running aslong as the players demand it and like it. My other servers had never gotten many players, the server will start out as being hosted from my home computer which I never had any problems with lag and was able to keep it online for a long amount of time, and after some time will be moved to a dedicated server.
But this server will take a while to build, set up. I want to have everything ready before players begin to play.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebane[nj] View Post
I didn't say it, I just thought it was pretty funny. No offense Mort.
Well, he takes offense to it, so you need to remove it. I had assumed he had already seen it and was ok with it. Since that is not the case, you need to change it now.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebane[nj] View Post
And this server WILL be kept up, my other servers weren't made to be kept alive I was practicing building and all, but this server I want to be kept alive and running aslong as the players demand it and like it. My other servers had never gotten many players, the server will start out as being hosted from my home computer which I never had any problems with lag and was able to keep it online for a long amount of time, and after some time will be moved to a dedicated server.
But this server will take a while to build, set up. I want to have everything ready before players begin to play.
Cool,I'm glad you plan on keeping this one going.As I have said,I really love the previous stuff you put out,and am excited and will be waiting patiently for it's release.

One more thing,is the new server going to have zones from later expansions like all your past servers?That was my absolute favorite part of your other servers,since you always had awesome new zones and new gear that no other servers had ever.I know there is some sort of hangup on Eqemu atm so that none of the new SoF zones can be spawned,but good god,people could still custom spawn those zones like you have,and like Trevius is doing with Creasent Reach.The way it is right now,I practically vomit everytime I log into the server select screen because I'm so rediculously sick of seeing the same lame old school zones from the same 4 expansions,recycled over and over.Every single server has the same exact zones,and like 90% of the servers are all going out of their way to be so old school EQ,which I hate.My favorite expansions were LDoN and later.I used to just love doing all those DoD missions on live,and camping nameds in Stoneroot and other stuff lol.Yet at the same time,there are like 50 sweet ass new zones,and all the new gear and npc models and I haven't seen anyone do anything with them besides you,Trevius,and The Hidden Forrest(but only for their hub zone).
Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Well I will be talking to Secrets.. we will release new zones over time. We will have SoF zones and all custom content in them, well custom content everywhere.. cycled spawns, etc.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
XateMe
Fire Beetle

I'm really excited about this server, Secrets and Striat both do some amazing work, I've worked with Bristlebane on a project that kind of died over night when the Server host disappeared.. (anyone seen Anubis? lol).

At the very least, you have a dedicated tester here.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Weldarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaccountisbroken View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong,but you are the same guy that had the really cool server that was all based in Dreadspire,with bad ass scripted events right?Well I loved that server,and wasted a bunch of time on there only to have it just dissapear in a week and a half,with you saying your room mate turns off the server on you,and that you couldn't afford to run your computer.Then the server and forums just dissapeared.
That server, dark auspices, was actually ran by me for the most part. And it mainly was taken down because I joined the military and got married. But if you enjoyed the scripts and Events back then, just wait till you see what I have under my sleeves this time...

Vaion
Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Yeah I had hosted the Dark Auspices server after Vaion had left and tried to work on it but I ended up not having the time nor Vaion was really around to assist :P
But I gathered some of the best developers I know and hopefully we can make a really good server together.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myaccountisbroken View Post
Ok I have a question.The server sounds cool and all,but is it just going to get shut down a week after you open it like all your past servers?This is not a flame but a serious concern/question so I don't waste more time leveling chars on you or secrets work only to have it dissapear-reappear-dissapear-reappear....

Then you had the Bristlebane server which was really cool and had all that bad ass new gear,and you were posting those awesome pics from Crystallos with mobs in it.You kept posting showing progress and screenshots.Then all of the sudden out of the blue you just said you were done with it....

Then after a little bit,you posted that you were comming up with another new server and kept giving all these updates on your progress for about 2 weeks...... followed up by a post out of the blue saying you were ending that server too,and that you were done for good.And that brings us up to this point,where once again you are posting about another server.

And then you have Secrets,who has had a ton of servers and they go on and off and on and off,and then just dissapear of the face off the earth.Plus I thought I just read a post by Secrets not too long ago saying that he was just too mentally unstable(or something like that) to run a server at this time,after his server had only been up for like 3 days this time and then shut back down.

You guys do realize that when you fuck around and shut servers down constantly it wastes a lot of time that people played on each of these servers over and over right?

With the both of you together on a server,considering your past track records,is there really any way in hell that this server will run for more then a week and then dissapear?

Like I said at the beginning of the post,this is not a flame,but just my observations and legitimate questions,because I REALLY DO want to try this server out because I loved the servers they have put out in the past.But I'm through getting suckered in to wasting more time on the same people that have wasted my time already,multiple times in the past.So.... will this be another week long server,or are you going for the long haul?
I plan on making this for the long haul. The issue with all of our previous creations is that we've all been alone on it. That's a daunting thing to go about, I really dislike doing it and I believe everyone who has ever run a server has gotten burned out. The issue with running those types of servers is that they are not thought out, they are released early, and you push content out daily because your playerbase gets bored with the existing content. That is the case with every server I have run, minus edge, but I think if we put a little bit more effort into the server as a team, we'll be able to develop a finish product immediately instead of half-assing 3 different servers.

I did not get burned out for any reason other than that. We're going to have the world completed before we start any testing what-so-ever, and that way we'll have a little bit of leeway ahead of our players. With being able to relax, I think i'll be in a way better mood and be able to concentrate on making this server the best it can be.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

so did you just say "fuck you" to the request to change your signature or what?

Awsome that you want to put up a custom server. If it can stay up for a bit I would come over and check it out.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:31 AM
trevius
Developer

No, he got his signature changed. All is well now.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:18 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

okay i hate to say it but secrets your sig scares me its like stalking me in my sleep to know my IP ISP and what browser im using hahaha
Closed Thread