Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Default Armada

Hello again everyone.

This is a message to inform everyone that our server has been re-launched under a new name. We are simply named Armada now.

armada-server.weebly.com

After we finished the alpha testing phase, we took in all the feedback we recieved and we would like to inform you of some of the changes we've made.

- Tower of Frozen Shadow is no longer Part 1 of Chapter 1. We are now using Blackfeather Roost.
- We have kept this next part secret, with the relaunch, you will now find Unidentified items in the world around you.
- You 'should' now gain skills correctly as intended in the alpha phase.
- Since we have changed the delivery of items, we were forced to do an character wipe. We apologize, however, we did this in the interest of fairness.

With this post, consider our server re-open for business.
We hope to see all of you in-game and playing with all the new stuff!

Thanks!
- Armada Staff
Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Slight hiccup at start, we apologize, server will be back up shortly.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

We are back online. Please accept our apologies for this immediate downtime.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

After bringing the server back up after our mishap. We have encountered a problem. Server will be down, until we can fix this issue. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

It appears we're having a slight issue, I'll get this resolved right away. I apologize for the delay, I might have accidently deleted the character database and after reconnecting it, it still says it doesn't work. May have to resource. xD
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Until we can fully figure out what's wrong with the start_zone table, we've applied a temporary bandage. When you zone into Load2 (Start zone), you will be teleported to the area you need to be, if for some reason you're not. Please speak to the 'HUB' npc we have placed inside the zone. Other then that, Armada is now open for business!

(I would also like to thank the Mod who deleted our other server post, very kind of you. =))
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Until we can fully figure out what's wrong with the start_zone table, we've applied a temporary bandage. When you zone into Load2 (Start zone), you will be teleported to the area you need to be, if for some reason you're not. Please speak to the 'HUB' npc we have placed inside the zone. Other then that, Armada is now open for business!

(I would also like to thank the Mod who deleted our other server post, very kind of you. =))
I remember looking at the starting zone code and it was pretty horrible. I'll look into reworking it to only use the start zone table and none of these forced options if that's something the community wants.

As an aside, if you want everyone to go to the same zone, I recommend using the 'startzone' variable in the variables table. You'll need to create it, and by default it will make all new characters go to the safe point in that shortname that you specify. I don't really know why we have the SoFStartZone variable in the first place... it seems contradictory to having a starting zone table.

By the way, I wish more people would look into paying $5 for a domain name and hosting each month. Weebly looks so damn unprofessional. :/
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I changed the safe point in the zone to match where I want the player to spawn, if nothing else I have it set to MAKE you go there via connect//gate into the zone. So, all good there.

We talked about it on Skype about the SoFStartZone thing, and I think we've got it changed...

When a server is first starting out - I feel there is no reason to spend useless money on it. That's what donations are for, no? Hah.

-Armada Staff
Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Hello EqEmulator! Nerdgasm here, getting tired of us posting yet? Heh, even with the said 'upgrades' and 'improvements' we've done to the server to make it feel like 'Diablo' it just doesn't seem to be the ticker with a few people. During prime time we were only getting at the most 8 people on the server. So, we're going to take it down one last time and COMPLETELY redo it, no more [Ch.1 Pt.1],[Rare], or things like that.
We want to apologize for the server going down and again, but as most of you know, when you have an idea for a server and you can' t seem to get it JUUUUUUUSt right, adjustments have to be done. This WILL be our last try at making a server, just so everyone is aware.
We are going to legitly turn the server INTO a Diablo server. A list below is a few things we'll be adding;

Classes;
We've added some familiar classes from Diablo into the server, the abilities won't exactly be the same, but will be pretty close, these classes will require you to download the files from our website to play them correctly.

Spells;
We've added some spells from Diablo, or similar spells being.

Progression;
The progression will be done as if you were actually playing Diablo, instead of a Tome of Townportal however, it'll be a Gate charm, with ways to get back to the first town to help your friends whom are just starting. What we mean by the progression will be done as if you're playing Diablo is; You'll start off in a town, collect a few quests and progress on, moving from zone to zone, stopping at a couple zones to do the quests they have inside obtaining class specific loot, or just new loot in general.

Gear;
Gear is going to be done a bit different too, we're going to have some all/all gear, and ways to obtain this gear will be similar to Diablo... We as well are going to have Class Specific gear, Set gear, and much much more.

We hope this Re-re-RE Grand opening will be better then before, as we've now added a more-life-like Diablo approach to it.

If you have any questions please message me, or Jahar on the forums and we will get back with you as quick as possible.

We will be making a post with what the server name will be once we've got the server up a bit more.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 AM
Tanyard
Fire Beetle

Default Bummer

I am sad to see the server down, even for a short time. I had a lot of fun playing on the server and was hoping to come home and log on. I am hoping the changes do not take too long and I am sure I can speak for a few others when I say I hope to see the server back up soon. =]

Waiting in anticipation,
Melvok/Vyzael
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Thanks for that comment Tanyard, we are doing a complete overhaul.. so it may take a little longer than we'd like, but we work fast, so hopefully not too long.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I predict in a weeks time, it'll be back up, with the Diablo touches we were once lusting after. The unidentified items are still in effect, so when you turn the item in you get X//Y//Z item back. We've made the core classes different though and are going to change the value on a ton of spells. It's just as Jahar said, we're doing a complete overhaul.

We'll have it up as soon as we can.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Drajor
Developer

I like the idea of having unidentified items. One idea would be to make a set of unid'd items that have a clicky effect to ID, change the code so when that spell is completed you destroy that item and roll/summon from a pool of items. Having a hand in process will break immersion and could be slow/tedious compared to D3 iding.. And they are getting ID all button soon too lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Drajor, that sounds like a idea that we will incorporate eventually. We're more focused on the classes from Diablo 1, 2 and 3. The spells for most of these classes are already sought out, we have to actually MAKE them (I'm slow at making spells it would appear. :P).

The best update we have so far is that in a week or two we'll be ready for Alpha testing on the new server (level 1-10), in which new spells will be added, such as;

WD;
Poison Dart - Deals 15 DD to target.

-- We're just going to leave it with that, the DB string that we will provide, will show the updates to the spells, as well as when you cast them it'll be different, the only thing that will be the same is the spell effects, the looks, being. We're still working a few bugs out on those, but for Alpha, it's not to important, ...

Anyway. I'm going to like, distract myself and work on spells tomorrow, probably. .

~Nerdgasm
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Drajor
Developer

You are not alone when it comes to difficulty making spells. I have spent a shameful amount of time working with custom spells >< I think it is a matter of complexity, as each spell has 200+ fields. To my knowledge there is no spell editor that comes close (or even attempts) to reducing this complexity, they are all just DB front ends.

I really love Diablo (limited love for D3) so I am looking forward to your creation!