Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:53 PM
KalikaMojeska
Fire Beetle

Default Change Email address

Is there away for an admin to change an email address. The one I registered with way back when does not exist. I tried changing it, but I get this message.

The ability to change email addresses is currently disabled.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:44 AM
joelouderestest
Fire Beetle

Bumping this, because my account I'm commenting with here is associated with a single Gmail account that Google has locked me out of for no clear reason, and many attempts I've made to contact them to recover the account have come up empty.

I had several Gmail accounts that I used for EQemulator server accounts, and when I recently returned to EQemu, I went to log back into them and restore everything to working order. Everything worked smoothly except for just this one account. For seemingly no reason, Google claimed they can't verify my identity and won't let me log into it. Just the one account. Everything worked for all the other accounts, I had all the info stored securely, was able to recover every other account despite no longer having the phone number I had when I made the accounts, but Google got hung up on the phone number for only this one.

I know what I can do is make a new Gmail account and then use it to make a new EQemu account, and then transfer all the characters from this account to the new account, and that's been my plan B if I need to (I'm obviously able to log into the server anyway, so I've been lazy about getting around to it), however it would be much easier to just let me change the email on the forum here.

Is there any particular reason why this option is disabled on this forum?
Old 11-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Rootdotnuke
Fire Beetle

Hey joelouderestest. I just tried again and I am not able to change the email address. To me it's a simple task..... And being a Systems Admin and know that it only takes a few clicks to give peeps the ability to change their email address. And now in your case, I can imagine this is quite frustrating!

And to add to all of that, I have requested my characters on this account to be moved to another email, but it has been 6 Months and they have not been moved. I am not the only one, there are like 5 people that need their characters moved and so far.... Nothing has happened, if you bump the post, a GM will say he is busy with server stuff and he will get to it....Eventually.....At this point, I could have leveled new Toons.....But anyway good luck man!.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Khaoswizard
Fire Beetle

I also need to change my email address, I used my college email address years ago, but now that I've graduated, that account has been disabled.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

My warped sense of humour

Old 06-13-2022, 09:53 AM
captaincrazy01
Fire Beetle

replying to bump to see if this has ever been fixed as i am in a similar situation
Old 11-01-2022, 02:42 AM
wayvisit
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootdotnuke View Post
Hey joelouderestest. I just tried again and I am not able to change the email address. To me it's a simple task..... And being a Systems Admin and know that it only takes a few clicks to give peeps the ability to change their email address. And now in your case, I can imagine this is quite frustrating!
And to add to all of that, I have requested my characters on this account to be moved to another email, but it has been 6 Months and they have not been moved. I am not the only one, there are like 5 people that need their characters moved and so far.... Nothing has happened, if you bump the post, a GM will say he is busy with server stuff and he will get to it....Eventually.....At this point, I could have leveled new Toons.....But anyway good luck man!.
3years... I don't know how I change my email?