Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:08 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

You're missing a period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle-Bishop View Post

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 100.0.0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PERIOD MISSING
auto_create_accounts = TRUE
Old 05-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 100.0.0.
auto_create_accounts = TRUE

Hmm, still same issue. Server is UP, getting the 1017 error still.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

You've gone from this: 10.0.0 to this: 100.0.0. There is only one piece of advice I can give you. If you just want to play on the same machine, set ALL IP addresses in the configs to 127.0.0.1 (NOT localhost). Also in the login.ini use local_network = 127.0.0. If your client still gets a 1017 error, first check your eqhost.txt Are you using Titanium ? point it to 5998. Then if you still can't connect, get a different client. Try checking logs, both server/logs and client/logs. When it comes time to wanting your friends to play, (offline), you will have to set the configs up for a lan IP.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

Well, one thing I keep noticing is this in the log files ---

This is what pops up when I only see my server, and trying to connect to ------
-
[World Server] New Zone Server connection from 407e66cf-4934-4af2-8fb8-4aa740b0a690 at 127.0.0.1:56447
[World Server] Account Attempting to be created: 'michellebishop' status: 0
[MySQL Error] 1062: Duplicate entry 'michellebishop' for key 'name'
INSERT INTO account SET name='michellebishop', status=0, lsaccount_id=2, time_creation=UNIX_TIMESTAMP();
INSERT INTO account SET name='michellebishop', status=0, lsaccount_id=2, time_creation=UNIX_TIMESTAMP();
-----------

When I am able to log in, online, viewing all servers with eqemulator --
--
[World Server] New Zone Server connection from f5376ec0-4e93-4bc4-9fe1-9356e43b32da at 127.0.0.1:56622
[World Server] Account (MichelleBishop) Logging(In) to character select :: LSID: 298585
---

Does this mean anything?
Either way, I do appreciate the help. It seems like I am close to getting this to work, but I could be totally wrong.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:06 AM
Uleat
Developer

I think Huppy ran into this recently on another thread.

IIRC, an account of that name was made in the world accounts table by another login server.

If you changed login servers for your server, this is most likely the case.

Deleting the account and letting it be created in your current login server is probably the easiest fix - assuming that you have no game time accumulated.

You may be able to manually create a login server account locally to match the world account entry..that should avoid the issue with auto-account creation too.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I think Huppy ran into this recently on another thread.

If you changed login servers for your server, this is most likely the case.

Deleting the account and letting it be created in your current login server is probably the easiest fix - assuming that you have no game time accumulated.
How would I go about doing either or then? I'm not sure where the account is stored at. If it's as easy as deleting some lines of text in a document, sounds easy enough I assume.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

What Uleat was explaining, involves going into the database tables (account, etc.) If it's going to be complicated for you, I would suggest just logging in with a brand account name. (not the michellebishop name). A totally brand new login account name that you have never used on the emu public loginserver.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

Okay well, I just created a new account, new P99 forum account, all that stuff. I am now in-game, while just viewing my server on the list.

I think you guys did it. Going to save and back all this up now and see how things work and give an update.

Happy
Old 05-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle-Bishop View Post
I am now in-game,

Happy
Glad to hear you're up and running. Many of us have been down that road when first starting out. Way back when, I learned the hard way about how a tiny little thing like a typo, or missing character can halt your server totally. I even had an incident where I mistakenly got myself banned from my own server, lol. Tons of fun, but even now, after all this time, I still have to ask a question once in awhile. I don't think it ever ends totally.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

Out of paranoia, I backed everything up on multiple USB drives, Google Drive, e-mail, my PC, everywhere lol.

So far so good. I guess the only issue I see right now, is that my hotkeys aren't working properly. Shift, Ctrl, Alt (both left and right) do not work, along with other keys. Shift/Ctrl/Alt+ any other key works, but not without. Both my keyboard, and laptop's keypad aren't doing the trick. Either way, that is something I don't see why I can't fix with some more googling.

For now though, I am trying to make my first toon a GM. I am reading guides on how to, and people keep referring to a "accounts table" in my database. I have no clue where this file is. Is this accessible via command prompt, or is it a file within my emulated server?

Either way, I will have internet access where I am moving to, but it's completely unreliable, but I can still view webpages and do some minor/amateurish tweeking as time goes by and get comfortable with toying with the server.

I am unbelievable happy that I was actually able to get this to work as of now. At some point, I'd like to dual box at the least. I'm assuming, if I run a 2nd client on my laptop, I'd be able to log into the server with a 2nd account?
Old 05-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

To set an account as a GM, it has to be done in the database. Things would be a lot easier for you if you could access it with a program. I use Navicat, but it's not a free download. I have no idea what others are using. BUT, if you know the password that was issued for you to log into the database you can do this from a command prompt. Example:
Type> mysql -u root -p
It will prompt you for the password. Then you will have the mysql prompt.
mysql> use peq
mysql> UPDATE account SET status = 255 WHERE name = 'username'; (username is account name you created) Make sure you encase the name with ' ' as shown.
Then simply log out of mysql by typing exit.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

I was able to use the HeidiSQL thing that was installed at some point when I was setting the server up, and seems to work just fine.

Navigating that thing is confusing though. I did manage to delete the account info for the one that I wasn't able to log in with, and am now able to! I'm also glad to see that I am able to log in with both and play at the same time.

I was also able to make myself a GM with the heidisql program. I haven't left Gloomingdeep yet as I've been busy, but seems like things are working fine as of now.

So, with the HeidiSQL thing, I was able to edit all sorts of things. Is that where people are editing their servers at? Like, would I be able to, with time, patience and some learning, do the same?

Also, in case I may want to at some point, I have this SQL file that doesn't change much, but is more "solo" friendly. It says to just add the SQL file into my database. How would I add that? And if I were to just delete it from my DB, is that all that is required to revert back?
Old 05-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

When it comes to learning all about this, anyone is capable, but there is a LOT of reading to do, and usually never stops, depending how far you want to go with customizing your server. If have spare time, you might want to read and learn all about SQL. (structured query language). Once you learn how to manipulate your database tables using sql queries, etc, it will come real easy for you. But like I said, tons of reading to do. Learning perl and/or lua is handy for editing quest scripts as well. I haven't even touched base with lua yet. I'm in no hurry
Old 05-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Michelle-Bishop
Fire Beetle

Honestly, I think I am fairly good for quite some time with just the basic stuff here. I would like to at some point get into editing the database and learning more about customizing the server, but I can't altering it too much.

There is the Solo friendly SQL thing that I may want to try at some point, but honestly, I can already see investing lots of time into this already.

I guess the only thing I may want to do, is open it up to people via LAN or our Network here. But I won't even start thinking about that for maybe half a year or so I'd say, heck maybe a year.

Thank you so very much Huppy and Uleat! You two have improved my quality of life by helping me set this up.