Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:02 PM
501st
Sarnak

Default SoF Mob sounds

Hello . I've made a discovery that is honestly simply cosmetic however i have searched the forums time and time again and even Googled this and no luck as to a solution so i figured i would post it in case either no one has seen this yet or i missed something. ;P

When working on my private server i began tooling around with SoF client mobs in older zones i came across a small glitch. When placing mobs that are new to the SoF client (anything post-DoD expansion) the models all worked fine, in a word "perfect" except for one problem relating only to mobs spawned from Secrets of Faydwer Expansion models (Flying Steamworks, new Wyverns, Wereorcs etc) while these models functioned perfectly, they were animated and they moved, fought and died exactly as they should and could even be properly force loaded into older zones they had one major flaw, they had zero sound. No combat sounds, no death sounds, no stand-by sounds. Curious as to whether this was because they weren't in zones they were supposed to be i created a test mob in dragonscale (the flying steamwork specifically if it matters lol) and it to had no sound.

Is this a new problem or is there something i missed? Like i said anything from TBS expansion down works fine this only happens with SoF expansion mobs. i'm wondering if it's related to the fact that a fresh install of SoF has missing files. I know Trevius fixed the zonename_chr.txt file issue in a previous post but iirc wasn't there environment sound files missing as well? Could that be the issue?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:21 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, I honestly hadn't even noticed this yet. I almost always play with sound of completely anyway. It is possible that the sound files could just be missing. You could probably verify by coping all EQLive sound files over to SoF and see if they make sound then.

There is also a fairly decent chance that the problem could be something specific to the spawn structure for newer models. We may just need to send a byte to enable sound that we aren't currently sending. It probably wouldn't be all too hard to find it if so. The hack that Shendare wrote that is commented out in the source atm can easily be used to search through the structure and find this type of thing. It might take a while to do, but it isn't overly hard.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:23 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Yeah it could the kind of thing which originaly cuase all DoN and DOD mobs to appear with partial bodyparts missing, untill you guys fgured out the right opcodes