Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Varlyndria: Ascension - Fall of the Gods Expansion - Fall 2013

Old 08-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

With this expansion, I am going to focus on the storyline more. I want to explain in quests/tasks the story of how the Ascension came to be, what Voldroth did to cause it and how the old dying gods are going to do whatever they can to help Varlyndria defeat the new wretched factions of the world and hopefully restore their power back from the clutches of the Evil Dragon God, Voldroth the Destroyer - Son of Veeshan and brother to Varlyn and Dria the Dragon Goddesses who protect Norrath now.

Expect to see some changes in Toskirakk and a quest line that starts there and spreads out to various areas and more. The details are small right now but I have some big plans to get the server back on track. As you can see from the current changes, I have made all the older zones the way they are so players can bleed out every single thing they can out of them and get to the point where they can't go any further. 4000+ Gearscore is not easy to get right now in the current game, but it's not impossible. This is a huge goal in its self for everybody to strive for so they can be right there and ready for the new expansion.

It's as simple as this: You achieve 4k GS you're top the line right now with everybody else. It's a balancing act that will hopefully get everything where it needs to be and fix the economy when FotG releases.

More info coming later.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

SPEED FIX 08/28/13

4000+ Gear Score is possible but it was almost impossible with the old mechanics of
the server. Here are some solid fixes to speed things up and make your time on Varlyndria
more enjoyable.

• Permanently increased the amount of experience players gain from killing mobs to 1.0 up
from 0.2. The server seemed really slow paced so we decided to speed it up so players can
get into it much quicker and enjoy themselves with a steady amount of progress.

• Enemies now drop roughly 20% more money then they did before.

• Increased the dedication point price of experience potions to 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000,
12500 and 15000. This change was made because of the new experience mod. Players will
need to spend lots of money on 300% potions now because the amount of AA they can gain
will be insane.

• Overlords AND Bosses now have a 35% chance to spawn up from 10-25%.

• Removed the Treasure Keeper. These special boss items need to be found again. Players still
have things to spend their AA points on like augments and getting their attributes up.

• The bazaar is still down until we can get the very game-breaking bug we found fixed. We are
still looking into it.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Emergency fix.

1.0 exp mod got too many complaints of easy mode so turned experience down to 0.3 Exp mod used to be 0.2.

EDIT: Would be awesome if I could edit my post at anytime instead having to post over and over. (that's why it happens if you didn't know already) I don't like doing that at all but no choice on these boards. I also feel other developers who are moderators have advantages in that way that others do not.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Emergency fix.

1.0 exp mod got too many complaints of easy mode so turned experience down to 0.3 Exp mod used to be 0.2.

EDIT: Would be awesome if I could edit my post at anytime instead having to post over and over. (that's why it happens if you didn't know already) I don't like doing that at all but no choice on these boards. I feel other devs who are moderators have advantages in that way that others do not.
Of course people who are moderators are going to have advantages that others do not. This is a forum for the EQEmu project in its entirety. Server specific things are allowed here, more than 80% of anything server specific belongs on it's own forums or communication medium

It's not an extreme measure or disadvantage to ask a forum moderator to take care of something for you outside of your own forums.

Since this has bothered me in the past, I have raised the global forum 'Time Limit on Editing of Posts' to a day instead of 1 hour.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Of course people who are moderators are going to have advantages that others do not. This is a forum for the EQEmu project in its entirety. Server specific things are allowed here, more than 80% of anything server specific belongs on it's own forums or communication medium

It's not an extreme measure or disadvantage to ask a forum moderator to take care of something for you outside of your own forums.

Since this has bothered me in the past, I have raised the global forum 'Time Limit on Editing of Posts' to a day instead of 1 hour.

Hopefully that helps.

Yeah. One day helps a bit more..

Going to be taking a break and getting away from this for a little bit to clear my head. The server's not going anywhere but I am just really stressed out right now about a lot of things.

Thanks for your help Akkadius.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

You are burning yourself out man! Stop listening to everyone's opinion about your server. It's your sandbox, design it to how you would want it as a player. You can't make everybody 100% happy so do what YOU think you would like. Keep up the great work.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Udeni
Fire Beetle

Yeah, don't listen to the nay-sayers (Especially here, I've noticed a couple of people that like to bash on you specifically on these forums)

However, I do think it would be a good idea to let people know what your vision is so you can just say "Oh yeah, read that post and STFU"
Old 08-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

I appreciate the support guys, it makes me feel a little bit better.

Here is a post about things that are going on right now and an apology for the rough alpha so far:

Click Here
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

EDIT: All enemies no longer summon players to them anymore. It caused too many issues with ping ponging around
for casters.

UPDATE 08/30/13 - MORE COMING SOON

GENERAL FIXES
• Your characters now earn dedication points based on their Gear Score. Dedication points
start at 5 and go up by 2 for each 250 points of Gear Score you have earned. This change
was to keep the flow of progression solid and reward players for getting stronger by giving
them access to higher and higher dedication items they can use at a much faster pace.

• Moozilla's Breastplate now works correctly but you need to unequip it and log out and put it
back on for the effect to work. If this doesn't work message a GM and have them get you a
new one which will work for you. (tested)

CHALLENGE FIXES (SERVER NEEDED MORE CHALLENGE/COWBELL)

• Items now have less mana and endurance and way less regeneration to bring back some
challenge to the game with spells and disciplines not being unlimited.

• All enemies now give heroic points based on their HP. The formula is
Enemy HP /5000. Bosses/Overlords no longer give what they used to.
This change is so players can start earning these points for donator
items early on and balances them based on hp now. Only PR2 or higher
mobs give heroic points. If you fight any normal or PR1 mobs you will
see that you earned 0.

• All normal non-custom zones are back to 1.0 experience up from 0.1 because of the fix to
mass zone pulls with mobs summoning players.

• Reduced the exp mod of the old raid style zones to normal exp zones
as it should of been since they aren't raids any longer.

• Demolisher of Dreams now has a 25% chance to drop his unholy relic
down from 100% because of his new spawn chance.

• Increased the experience mod up to 0.4 up from 0.3 because of the summon changes.

• The Regeneration PER tick is once again back at 5% instead of 10%. Downtime was just too
fast with 10%. This is also another challenge brought back into the game.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

NEW CONTENT COMING SUNDAY! ADVENTURE INTO OLD SEBILIS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FROGLOKS!

QUICK FIXES - SERVER RESTART 08/30/13

• That summoning change has been reverted. It made almost everything
impossible to solo for casters.

• Reduced the aggro radius of mobs to 30 down from 60+.

• Mana and Endurance on items has been increased by 30%. The last change over-nerfed mana/end too much.
This should make things a bit better but not crazy like it used to be.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

NEW AUCTIONEER! YES! AN AUCTION HOUSE!

Natedog's amazing creation! Come check this out in our bazaar!

NOTE: This auctioneer has all the items you posted before with the last custom bazaar!

EDIT: Natedog is hard at work to bring more features to this badboy like searching for stats
and more. The awesome thing about this guy is he is able to be changed on the fly with no
source code to deal with! More to come!

HERE COMES SEBILIS LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE! ARE YOU READY!?

The server will be coming down later this evening to release the new Sebilis zone that
will surely challenge a group of 3000+ Gear Scored characters.

Sebilis is going to have less drops per kill than other dungeons to make the new tier very
sought after and only bosses will drop the good loot this time around. However, the trash
mobs will drop quest items and there will be a lot of quests in this place. Also, there are 8
bosses to find and 17 different types of mobs in here to challenge you to the fullest. Many
npcs in this place are loaded with path abilities and if you dare try to run and collect them
up you'll be in for a world of hurt. It's advised to come into this place with a group of friends
lest ye meet your certain doom.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

I've put a lot of work into The Ruins of Sebilis to make sure it's challenging, fun and loaded with content. This group dungeon will be live later today.
I had to hold it back a bit from its normal launch date for many reasons.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Sebilis is live! Enjoy all and have fun.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:40 AM
oslander
Sarnak

This new dungeon is hard! Just saw a sunbearer AND thane get iced. Can't wait for more players to get on for a full group. Looks like you have a winner here!