Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Bigpull
Discordant

there was a problem with the IsEquipable(), it should work for all classes and races now.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:05 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

I compiled source from CVS on 6/20 to get the #spawnfix command, it worked great.
Noticed new changes on 6/22 so I compiled again with the new changes and it seems to have caused a problem with the #spawnfix command.
When I tried to use #spawnfix with the newest source it crashes the zone every time.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:14 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Ok first off the topic is 0.4.4 bugs, not CVS bugs.

There have been no changes to client.cpp since 6/20, My only suggestion is to do a clean build, or refrain from using #spawnfix untill the rest of it is implemented.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:38 AM
booa
Fire Beetle

I to have been seeing the #spawnfix crash error . But it isnt everytime you use it . Seems to send client to login screen when #spawnfix is used in certain spots ( seems that way ) especially hilly terrain. I still use it and love it .

I have noticed is that all mobs hit very hard . Far more than they should . Not sure if thats a db issue or code .

**Yup was DB problem **

Thats all I have noticed so far .

Nice release.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:54 PM
u2mad
Fire Beetle

I have had the same problems, I've been trying to find a pattern but I haven't really found anything yet with the buying items taking up all of my money. It could be quite possible that it's charging 4x, but I have only noticed that it only seems to be doing this on certain items. And generally the server doesn't take off all of the money it's supposed to, so once I zone, I have most if not all of the money I had before (haven't actually recorded the numbers to see exactly.)

I have also noticed that damage over time spells don't want to stack. At least the ones that I tried. The bards second level DOT didn't seem to work at all, along with the bards spell to make him move faster (can't remember what it's called right now.)

I'm not sure if anyone else has had any trouble with the spells, and I haven't tried the druid's SOW spell to see if it's something with speed in general. Unforuntaly I don't know enough about how the server sends information to the client to help in this other then just give information.
Old 06-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Fyrre
Sarnak

I have no idea if this was mentioned yet, but player and mob attack is bugged. #showstats shows both player and NPC attack as being 0 or something close, and it seems to function as 0 attack (hitting for minimum damage often). Hand to hand for monks also seems to be bugged. With a 112 damage h2h weapon, they only hit for 100ish damage as compared to 200 to 500 damage with a 1h slash with the same weapon damage. a 112 damage weapon should be hitting for something close to 800 damage.

Also, high level NPCs which I use the #spawn command to create only hit a player with 4500 ac for 1 point of damage tops. After taking off all gear, the same NPC hits the player for plenty more damage. There should be a max AC code such as what EQlive has.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:14 AM
kathgar
Discordant

ANYTHING related to combat is not working like EQ live, because they have tested and prodded at their formulas for around 5 years by now.. people like GN are helping leaps and bounds by collecting SPECIFIC data but it will still take time
Old 07-01-2003, 02:47 PM
lucan
Fire Beetle

Default 4.4 errors

Combat:

Combat was working closer to EQ live in 4.4dr1, now it seems mobs are hitting 3 to 4 time harder than they should. I tested this at level 11 with a ranger in ivy armour. It would be imposible to play a new char with the combat damage like it is in 4.4. I have been able to level up a char on a 4.4dr1 exe with no problems , it was about right on difficulty.

Accounts:

All accounts seem to flag as GM, even when logging in with a non GM log on. If I turn it off and zone it turns back on again.

Zones:

Some zones don't seem to be available, Rivervale for eg.

Agro:

What agro? There is no agro in 4.4, could be the GM status.....even if GM off you get no agro though.

--------------------------------------

4.4dr1 bugs

Spells:

HP buffs don't drop properly sometimes.
EG; You zone on full life with a Heroism, First mob hits you and your HP drop to you base HP but buff is still there.
After you HP drop you can not heal above your base HP.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:15 PM
u2mad
Fire Beetle

Hmm, it's been a long time since I actually played EQlive. I know I've played around and leveled a few characters up to around 10th level. They all seemed pretty easy to level to me. The two hardest were the bard and the fighter just because the fighter took too damn long to heal and the bards spells don't seem to be working right (not complaining, I know how much work these things can be. Especially after working on my little project today.)
I think wheather the mobs are agro or not depends on what database your using. I know with there's a lot of things that agro. Skels, bears and orcs being the majority of them. Haven't gone close to the griffen yet to find out about that.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:07 PM
lucan
Fire Beetle

Default 4.4 bugs

4.4 exes
4.4 base db
Drawde's Worlddata 1.1 beta 5

I had 4.4dr1 working fine, to upgrade and keep chars/accounts i just added 4.4 db and left drawdes as is and then used the exes with acompaning files.

Firstly there seemed no way to log in as a non gm and the damage sucked.

From my EQlive experience a willow wisp should never hit for 70hp damage. Typically at low level 1 to 10hp damage is normal. Remember players do not have all the cool equipment at this level to make them into gods.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:38 PM
u2mad
Fire Beetle

I believe I'm using Drawde's Worlddata 1.1 final. It shouldn't be too hard to upgrade to that because I think he has a reloaddb script in there. As for logging in as a non GM, look at your account and make sure the status field is set to 0. 100 should be GM status, and 200 should be System Op.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:06 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Armor doesn't work. That's why ivy doesn't do jack for you.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:08 PM
lucan
Fire Beetle

Default 4.4 bugs

a max hit from a low level mob even when you are naked should be 10 or so.

No one could level up a level 1 character with starting equipment the way the code is on the 4.4 release. 4.4dr1 damage code was close to correct.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:29 PM
kathgar
Discordant

All spells you current have on are wiped on the server when you zone, the client isn't getting told this so it still thinks you have the buffs sometimes and displays what it thinks your max hp is

IIRC Willowisps should hit for up to 26, they aren't newbie mobs you know
Old 07-03-2003, 10:32 AM
u2mad
Fire Beetle

As far as I know I'm using the latest emu, and I've leveled up about 5 different characters to at least level 5. I leveled a necro of mine to 13 before I desided to stop and wait to see what happens to the emu next.