Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 01-31-2016, 03:31 AM
Warking
Hill Giant

Ah Thanks!! I did not have that URL before you mentioned it. working now
Old 02-02-2016, 03:41 AM
Warking
Hill Giant

Anyone having issues adding NPCs via the peq editor? Once you hit submit nothing gets added. But I can edit existing ones just fine.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 AM
joligario
Developer

It hasn't been updated in almost a year, so it is probably just missing some database scheme items. I'll look at it soon. Guess I should finish off that AA branch too....
Old 02-02-2016, 10:00 PM
joligario
Developer

Actually, I just added a NPC just fine on the current branch. Did you pull from Git or are you using a packaged version?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Warking
Hill Giant

I just pulled it all down with the peqbeta file "phpeditor_2015-02-13-07_59" a few days ago and installed it. On the top it says Version 1.0 It was working before and not it is not ... When trying to create npc it goes to a blank npc screen:

(no title)

Race:
Class:
Level:
Max Level:
Body Type:
Vendor: no
Alt Currency: no
Adventure: no
Trap: no
Tint: no
Pet: no
EmoteID: none
Old 02-02-2016, 10:42 PM
joligario
Developer

That explains it. Go get it from the Git. https://github.com/ProjectEQ/peqphpeditor
Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Warking
Hill Giant

Thanks! That update fixed it.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Tempten
Fire Beetle

I haven't seen any other tools on the forums for editing AA data, and custom AAs are one of my favorite things to happen on servers, so I decided to try to fix this part of the editor up, to help me learn php and other stuff. Is anybody else currently working on it? From what I saw on github, not much of anything has been done in terms of editing AAs (the only case that works is the view AA case)

I've got the search functionality working a bit better (mainly just search by ID and name, search by expansion or class is a little bit more complex), and I've got the case for the form for creating the base aa data (for the table aa_ability) working, along with the case for pushing that form's data to the database, and finally the case for deleting the base aa data (the aa_ability row where id=$aaid, and $aaid=$_GET['aaid']), which leaves all the base rank data (from aa_ranks), rank effect data (from aa_rank_effects), and rank prerequisite data (from aa_rank_prereqs)

I'm somewhat new to coding (I started learning HTML about two months ago, and php around a month ago, and only had some rudimentary knowledge of C before that) so it's somewhat slow going. Is there a good place to go to ask questions about the editor and the SQL tables for the AA data? The forums at peqtgc.com don't seem to be letting me register.

Thanks for your time,

-Tempten
Old 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylocke View Post
I have to first set the path in cmd to get this to work correctly
mysql -u root mysql -p

when prompted for the password to get to the mysql prompt the password was denied, I did check winmysqladmin to see what the password was I did enter it in correctly
even tried changing it, I'm stuck on this part of it.

any ideas?
This has to do with how you set up mysql, or if you used Akka's installer, go look at your eqemu_config.json file in your server folder, for the password and userid mysql is set up to use. IF you installed MYSQL (mariadb?) on your own, then you need to use whatever password you used to set it up.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:18 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
This has to do with how you set up mysql, or if you used Akka's installer, go look at your eqemu_config.json file in your server folder, for the password and userid mysql is set up to use. IF you installed MYSQL (mariadb?) on your own, then you need to use whatever password you used to set it up.
I hope he figured it out after 12 years.