Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Default EQ Classless

After much consideration, I have decided to convert the project that was EQ: Battle Royale into EQ: Classless.
Why? Because a full item loot, classless pvp server wasn't as popular and launched at an inopportune time, and the players who went to try the server were PVE players primarily. I believe the fast-paced, classless niche outweighs any benefits a PVP server would bring.

As such, I have turned the server into a PVE Classless server with RNG-based spell/gear drops.
The server is currently in Kunark and will stop at PoP.

Here are the revised rules:

- No boxing, strict 1 IP limit - the world is yours and yours alone to travel through.
- "Easier" Raid Zones -We've tweaked a lot of the raid bosses to be easier, but with competition via PvP in mind. Future content will include later expansion content tuned to this system. Raid content is tuned for 6-12 players, though raid content will be the least of your issues.
- Classless system - All players are able to use and scribe any spell scroll, dual wield any item, and track down their enemies. Double attack is available from level 1, and disciplines are available at 45+. Use any classes' spells in any capacity that you feel comfortable with. Create your favorite hybrid.
- All items are no longer nodrop - Hand-me-downs were one of the best things about EverQuest, and having all items trade-able expands on this feature.
- Do anyone's epic quest - Ever want to dual wield a Ranger/Warrior epic? Now you can!
- Increased Regeneration - Outside of combat, your HP/Mana regen is increased significantly. This speeds up the pace of gameplay.
- Increased EXP - With a super-fast 8 times experience rate, it's easy to catch up to your friends who have been playing for a while.
- Accurate EverQuest - With the support of the TAKProject database and client, the game looks, feels, and is authentically EverQuest. Working combat formulas shape an otherwise non-classic experience.
- A hub zone - The Ethernere. This zone is considered a Haven zone, to let you get your bearings before you go out into the world and start killing monsters. There is a translocator in the town that will teleport you to a few locations, however, if you ask her nicely. Your starting ring will take you back to the Ethernere as a click effect.
- RNG-based loot system - NPCs throughout the world will have a chance to drop exceedingly rare items during your travels, ranging from armor, to spell scrolls, to weapons, and more. If you're lucky, exceedingly rare treasures can drop depending on NPC level.

Discord Server link:
https://discord.gg/mJZUUBm
Website link:
eqclassless.com
Old 05-27-2018, 08:34 PM
cathbad83
Fire Beetle

Ohhh! Much love for this type of server. I've been waiting for something lile this to pop up. Now to locate my old drive with my EQ install!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Member Berries
Fire Beetle

this sounds really cool. i'll have to give it a try later.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:57 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Core idea reminds me of that Customization Quest many years ago that I absolutely loved.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Auxie
Fire Beetle

Having played on the server for a few days it truly is a unique EQ experience getting to craft out your build. The 8 spell gems are the limiting factor of your "build". When you group with others, it really encourages everyone to put together builds that work together well. Also you can deep dive into your play style. Want to be the healer / crowd controller / pet DPS? Go ahead, tell your team what you want to do and get to it!

The exp flies with a duo / group. It's already 8x, but with a good steady stream of blues / light blues we were seeing about 10 levels every few hours. (pre 50)

Highly suggest everyone checks out this server. It's addicting.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:26 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

i was fine yesterday :( now when i try to log in it hits the loading screen for 2 seconds then i get the *you have been disconnected* black screen.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 View Post
i was fine yesterday :( now when i try to log in it hits the loading screen for 2 seconds then i get the *you have been disconnected* black screen.
Use the launcher program.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 AM
nalbikk
Fire Beetle

Haven't played EQ (emulated versions) in years. This server is such a fun concept. I am really happy it was switched to PvE. Thanks for the server Secrets.

Aylana
Old 06-14-2018, 09:55 AM
Dinggo
Sarnak

TAKproject is the MAC client only?..., so I need a MAC or Emulate a MAC to run it? Or am I confused on that?
Old 06-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinggo View Post
TAKproject is the MAC client only?..., so I need a MAC or Emulate a MAC to run it? Or am I confused on that?
It's the PC version.

Supported windows clients are listed on 'Getting Started' on https://www.takproject.net/
Old 06-15-2018, 03:49 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

RoF2 is now the only supported client. We've moved away from the TAKP one.

We are also on the EQEmulator loginserver now, so you can log in using your EQEmulator account as well.

http://eqclassless.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5&p=7
Old 06-16-2018, 08:18 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Ooh, now I can give this a shot.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Shirodan
Fire Beetle

Can the 'Return Home' timer be reduced to zero when logging in? My character got stuck in a crash-loop in West Commonlands. Tried using the "Tutorial" button at login but now I'm stuck in a zoning loop in Arena. Just need a way to get back to the HUB.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:51 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

I will have to give this a go now. Thanks for moving away from TAKP client.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Ephyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post

We are also on the EQEmulator loginserver now, so you can log in using your EQEmulator account as well.

http://eqclassless.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5&p=7
Thank you!

That TAKP client was so clunky feeling.