Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 07:43 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Default Lel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Stuff like this kind of kills me on the inside a bit. This is EQEmulator, you're not a multi-billion dollar company who can afford to be scarce on details as far as a new coming product or whatever. And your track record is rather dirty due to the completely catastrophic failures of servers that you have had before due to lack of determination, dedication, and your staff not working well together. This is assuming you, your girlfriend, and Jahar are your current staff. Anyone, literally, can take a free photo editing program and add fancy text and anyone can use #npcspawn create to make 4 nearly identical NPCs. In case you haven't seen my posts, stuff like what you've done can be completely automated to the point of just clicking and it's done. Is there a unique draw, something no one else has done? Are there donations? Are there bots? Is there boxing? Please explain more than what you have if you plan on having any sort of player base.
"And your track record is rather dirty due to the completely catastrophic failures of servers that you have had before due to lack of determination, dedication, and your staff not working well together."

"literally, can take a free photo editing program and add fancy text and anyone can use #npcspawn create to make 4 nearly identical NPCs"

"is there a unique draw, something no one else has done? Are there donations? Are there bots? Is there boxing? Please explain more than what you have if you plan on having any sort of player base."

Hilarious coming from you Zamthos, I mean Kingly. Absolutely hilarious.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
how did this get here i am not good with computer

How I mine for fish?
Old 12-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I searched YouTube for a trailer. No such luck.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Castinonya
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
"And your track record is rather dirty due to the completely catastrophic failures of servers that you have had before due to lack of determination, dedication, and your staff not working well together."

"literally, can take a free photo editing program and add fancy text and anyone can use #npcspawn create to make 4 nearly identical NPCs"

"is there a unique draw, something no one else has done? Are there donations? Are there bots? Is there boxing? Please explain more than what you have if you plan on having any sort of player base."

Hilarious coming from you Zamthos, I mean Kingly. Absolutely hilarious.
Whether or not he's Zamthos, I don't know. You don't even have to look at that. A solo server in the past, name escapes me, was hosted by him for about a week after the owner left it to him for a bit, Kingly left without warning, without a trace no release of anything at all. Drakiyth entrusted Eriviyn to him, and he hosted that for a whole 3 hours because he said he wasn't dedicated to it. He tried bringing up his own server just recently, and that also disappeared without a trace. Let us not also forget he hops around servers like candy and then these servers disappear.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinonya View Post
Whether or not he's Zamthos, I don't know. You don't even have to look at that. A solo server in the past, name escapes me, was hosted by him for about a week after the owner left it to him for a bit, Kingly left without warning, without a trace no release of anything at all. Drakiyth entrusted Eriviyn to him, and he hosted that for a whole 3 hours because he said he wasn't dedicated to it. He tried bringing up his own server just recently, and that also disappeared without a trace. Let us not also forget he hops around servers like candy and then these servers disappear.
Wah wah, I totally didn't release the source, quests, and database for Eriviyn. I'm not hosting someone's server and wasting my time and energy on it. Also, servers die because they die, not because I have anything to do with it. Yes I server hop, I do that because I help any and everyone. And yeah, my server went down "without a trace" even though I posted as to why and told multiple people I didn't have the time for it. You may not know this, but there is a real world outside of EverQuest emulator that is far more important than having to answer 30,000 issues on a server that I choose to run or otherwise work on. So please keep your nonsense to yourself. None of you have the slightest idea as to how difficult it is to maintain the amount of activity I do as well as actively contribute and assist as many projects as are willing to accept my help.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:11 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
pot meet kettle
Heh. Got you there.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Mkay. Well, I'll direct everyone individually, just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
How about some details?
Soon good sir. Soon. We're writing up the details and will post them when they are not so crappy looking. I'm all about that format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
I herd dis b4
You're correct, Maze you have heard this before. We found the files and remembered how close we were. It's a shame that when I started this server I was plagued with a whore for a girlfriend. No, it's no excuse, but... to each their own.

Quote:
how did this get here i am not good with computer
I assume this goes to our record of not releasing servers or shutting servers down because someone (Zamathos) decides to spread bullshit lies about us. In any case, I have no issues with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
Two stock images with text, and 4 npcs. Such wow much amaze.

You can't expect us to take this seriously when you put in 5 minutes worth of photoshop and #npc create commands as your big reveal. Or given past track records as duly noted above. Where's the hype? What's the hook? Why should we care? These things matter and are still real to me, damnit!
Take me seriously, don't take me seriously, once the server is created and up I'll enjoy it and you can be a hater, I don't care. Lol. As well, see how hyped you're getting just by seeing these said photos, and npc creates. THAT'S THE HOOK! Why should you care, -shrug- you don't have to. It's an online game, more specifically a server hosted by some 24 year old out of his house for funsies! And an attempt to combine two really great games into one... uhh... game?

Quote:
Stuff like this kind of kills me o...
I stopped reading you're droll, Zamathos, just admit you are Alex and get over it. Everyone knows, no one cares. Creating a new account on the forums because Zamathos was so hated is just... asinine bro. Everyone knows this account and a lot of people dislike it because of the servers I said I was releasing, yet... I'm still posting on it. Face the music. You were young and dumb, now you're older and wiser. I've noticed you've matured a ton or at least seem like you have, in the couple years you've been; 'Kingly Krab'. I did actually read what you put, and no my girlfriend is not part of the staff, she was plaguing me by; 'You don't spend enough time with me, you're always on your computer.' Which is quite odd, actually because 'Kingly Krab' wasn't around when Uthra was up. Heh... Gotcha Zamthos. . Jahar is still on my team, and he's not having issues with his housing situation, as I believe he bought a house now.

Quote:
pot meet kettle
Gotta say it again. Heh gotcha. xD /10char.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post

How I mine for fish?
Hey man, fish are hard to mine for. Don't hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinonya View Post
Now now, this post isn't meant to bring hate on Zamthos, I mean Kingly, it's mean to bring peace and love to the forums of Everquest Emulator! (However, everything you say is true, and very funny)

Quote:
Sniped text.
Helping people doesn't excuse you from your crimes against the Emulator servers. Nay do I believe this post relieves me from the grief/issues I've caused on other players. I can say this, at least I didn't host a really good server, take their money, give the server to some dude who three hours later got rid of it having those people who donated to said server feel abandoned because they wasted money.

-------------------------

In all, yes. I've had a bad record, and when I open a server it typically doesn't stay up, but after talking with a few people who've hosted successful server I realized something. While yes, it's about making the players happy. It's my server. It's not the players server. If they don't like it they can go else where and play. Catering to their every whim when a boss is too hard, or spells are too weak is crazy. If I like how it's balanced, then... That's that. (You guys know who you are, and I thank you).
No this isn't a post saying; 'OH COME BACK TO MY SERVERZ AND PLAY!' I personally don't care if you come and play or not. If you do, GREAT! I'll see you there! If you don't, then cool! Have fun playing Fallout 4 or whatever the devil else you guys play.
This project IS happening and due to it's progression, Jahar and I felt it was time to post some pictures and make people wonder about it which, clearly, people have.
- No, I'm not going to give you a estimated date of completion, I can tell you it'll be after Christmas as you know, some of us have families and don't sit in their Mother's basements all day trolling forums. (cough)
- Yes, you will be given more information about the server before it's released.
- - To those who aren't negatively talking on this thread. Stay beautiful. The dream will come alive! Soon(™) you'll be slaughtering some Undead, Animals (Don't worry, we use their meat for food!), and a variety of other demons and deities!

Specific call outs for helping me so far; Natedog and Secrets (Some awesome scripts), Akkadius (plugins and words of wisdom), Wrath (Words of advice).
Old 12-12-2015, 05:11 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Tabasco - I love your display picture by the way. =).
Old 12-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

Well this one's off to a great start.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:25 PM
satora54
Sarnak

I love everything happening here.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Can't wait to see this crash and burn like every server you've ever made.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:32 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Kids, stop fighting.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Really not impressed with this thread and how things are being handled.

Locking
Closed Thread