Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:14 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

MyTOP.

Also, while it's on my mind, you did turn your journal off on the client, yes? I know that can cause issues sometimes.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Rikon
Sarnak

hmmm. I may have an issue. #log produces nothing.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

For the 3rd time, the logging system reveals all, it's an extremely powerful tool and will tell you all you need to know to troubleshoot your issue.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Logging_System_Overhaul

It's #logs:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Logging...l#command-logs

Old 07-22-2015, 09:23 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I was not saying it does not reveal what queries are running. I was saying there could be other queries the MySQL engine could be running that are taking a long time to run. MyTop will show the long running queries and queries that may not even be related to EqEmu. You cannot do that with #log
Old 07-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I was not saying it does not reveal what queries are running. I was saying there could be other queries the MySQL engine could be running that are taking a long time to run. MyTop will show the long running queries and queries that may not even be related to EqEmu. You cannot do that with #log
It's enough to troubleshoot the issue and visually see what queries are running when loot is hanging, it doesn't need to be much more complicated than that. Coming from someone whose troubleshot many of these issues.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Rikon
Sarnak

Which log is most viable? I'm not seeing anything under the MySQL one--nothing that would indicate an issue. It shows the table updates and queries, but nothing seems out of place.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Rikon
Sarnak

I'm not seeing anything that would cause an immediate alarm. I'm really at a loss. The server is so laggy, it's unplayable, and I don't know the cause. The server's RAM and Processor all look fine. No idea on this one.

I'm willing to grant GM status to a vetted member here to take a look. I'm not sure how I could repay, but we can chat.