Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Good news, bards bots and group buffs are now working. I'll update the sources on the site, later.

Now, I've to find a way so the bots are following normally and not warping around. Then, I will release the first beta binaries.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Smile

great work magoth!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

The first beta binaries have been released.
More info on website.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Magoth, could u release server source code for linux users? Please...

Thank You!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

I will upload them tonight.

G'day
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Zard
Sarnak

Excellent work! Testing it out now. As per some email communication I made the mistake after pasting the files and inserting the SQL of starting my world with the same start.bat I always did, which ended up showing me an error when attempting to type any of the #bot commands. If you find yourself in this boat, then just start with zonedebugpearl.exe and worlddebug.exe instead as per Magoth78's advice in an email from him.

Thanks Mag!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Zard
Sarnak

Perhaps I have yet another install issue. The casters do not seem to want to do thier part. Magicians do not cast pets nor help in battles. Most tank classes appear to be working well. Along with the Cleric class who heals me most diligently.
No classes have offered me any type of buff either. Enchanters just hang out like the mages, so do Wizards.
Even without any improvements from what I am experiencing now, it is still nice to have what works. So great job, I'm just letting you know what I am experiencing.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Strange, are you sure that you used "#bot create" correctly ?
Are the casters grouped ?

What spellsID do you have on casters bots ? try a #showstats on them
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Zard
Sarnak

When I do #bot list it show them correctly as thier class.
SpellID's
Working: ( they do everything minus buffs )
Cleric: 1
Ranger: 10

NON-Working ( all below but bard just stand around, bard helps attack melee, but without songs)
Wizard he is spellsID: 514
Magician: 516
Enchanter: 517
Shaman: 518
Bard:11

When I do bot create I use the following for magician example:

#bot create Magic_man 13 6 male

This made a Dark Elf Magician Male with the auto spell ID of 516
Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Your spellsID are fines but if you don't use the latest PEQ database, I'm not sure that they will work.

So first, be sure that you're using the latest PEQ database.
Second, group your bots. The bot AI will only start once the bots are grouped. Else they will do nothing.
If you have a lot of buffers, wait for 4-6mins till everyone in group get buffed.
Then, fight and see if everyone is doing his job.

But, as I've said earlier, when you fight, you must be sure that all your offensives caster bots have a line of sight with the pulled mob. Else, they won't attack and they will wipe their attack list.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Zard
Sarnak

OK, I will give it a shot. I have been using my own database, but I will make a backup just in case I need to add some of my content back in. I will let you know my progress. Thanks.

Zard
Old 05-14-2007, 10:34 AM
tranquiltwist
Fire Beetle

Magoth,

I seem to be having some serious issues getting this up and running on my server. I downloaded your beta binaries and put them in my EQEMU folder, and then ran the http://eqoffline.free.fr/README.txt steps in mySQL. everything went by fine- and then I loaded into my server only to find that "command 'bot' is not recognized."

this is my first undertaking with a server or even with mySQL.. so would it be possible for you or somebody else to write a step by step guide for dummies? It would be really appreciated, as I got super hyped when I read this.

Thank you, Mag. You've given the community something amazing!

-ttw
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I don't know if you've put any effort into the linux/makefiles, but I thought I'd post for you an error I am getting compiling the source under FC4, with gcc 4.0.2:

Code:
npc.o(.text+0x9d1): In function `NPC::Process()':
/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-EQOffline/zone/npc.cpp:563: undefined reference to `Mob::BOT_Process()'
npc.o(.text+0xa0d):/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-EQOffline/zone/npc.cpp:565: undefined reference to `Mob::PET_Process()'
npc.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3NPC[vtable for NPC]+0x16c): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_IdleCastCheck()'
npc.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3NPC[vtable for NPC]+0x170): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_EngagedCastCheck()'
pets.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3Pet[vtable for Pet]+0x16c): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_IdleCastCheck()'
pets.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV3Pet[vtable for Pet]+0x170): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_EngagedCastCheck()'
horse.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV5Horse[vtable for Horse]+0x16c): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_IdleCastCheck()'
horse.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV5Horse[vtable for Horse]+0x170): undefined reference to `NPC::Bot_AI_EngagedCastCheck()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [zone] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/build/EQEmu-EQOffline/zone'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I don't know enough C to read what this means, except that something appears to be missing. Like a dependency on the new .cpp file(s) maybe? If you can advise, I'd love to check this out. No hurries. My vacation is over, back to work F/T+ for me! sigh...
Old 05-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

tranquiltwist> You have to launch worlddebug.exe then zonedebug.exe

John Adams> I didn't try to compile the code under Linux but it seems that you need to add botAI.cpp and petAI.cpp to your project.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-15-2007, 01:45 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

This is an excellent project, and I can even see a very good use for it in the normal EQ code. One of the biggest problems PEQ has is the players have to multi box to get to the higher content (some players multi box 6 clients at once... how they do it is my question) This code could help with that problem a bit. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Could you tie this system into the rules system so the server op can control how many bots a player can have at once? By level (1-15, 16-35, 36-55, 56-75, just examples) would be wonderful.

2. Could you diff your changes so they can be integrated into the ever changing EQEmu code easily?

Great work, I am impressed with how fast this project became a reality.
Closed Thread