Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
Regardiing books, I would just keep the format the same as the emu table struct -

name or id as varchar(30)
txtfile as text no limit

this seems to work well.
I also may have a book BMP skin you may find usefull - I'll look for it if you need something fancy like that.

On another note, I redid my PC and forgot what you use to unzip this .gz file. Tried about everything and it failed -
Load SQL: beta_team_dump.sql.gz

GeorgeS
Yeah, that's what I did--I simply followed the same protocol as the live client. If you have a better book skin, I wouldn't mind using it; I made this one in PSP and use it for both the spellbook as well as for books and scrolls.

gunzip is the old standard. Are you using Windows or Linux? I use ZipGenius for all my archive files.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I created some icons and DB items, and did a little coding...

I don't have any world containers (forges, etc.) but handheld tradeskills like tailoring are working

EDIT: It's not in this screenshot, but item info windows are showing the item icon as well now.

Last edited by Windcatcher; 10-20-2007 at 11:14 PM..
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Very nice work indeed WC !!!

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I can't believe I got this working so quickly...

For those who are wondering, I took a sharpening stone and a rusty weapon and sharpened it. I've also created a mold icon and added a bunch of molds to the DB, but this was an easier test.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Hmmm. I actually found some bugs in my server version (EQEmu 0.5.5) in doing this:

OP_ClickObjectAck and OP_CloseContainer should be 0x2a2. In the code they were the same opcode as OP_GMSummon, which is bad...

CloseContainer_Struct should actually be 28 bytes, not 24 (having a testbed helps).

I suspect that these might also be problems in 0.5.6 since that has the same opcodes, but YMMV.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

That's excellent WC - tradeskills are extremely important, and I'm glad they are working, including the fantastic progress I'm seeing.

I'll get the book graphic to you later this week after I get some of the server admin code written...

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I'm working on trying to test SC with a newer server version. It supports up to 0.6.0-DR2, but it's been so long since I tested it that I don't remember how to get it running. I'm trying to go through the EQEmu LS as Doodman implemented SC's protocol a long time ago but I don't have the host+port any more (I'd use a minilogin for it instead but I don't know if one exists). 0.5.5 doesn't support certain things like getting your sharpening stone back when you sharpen a weapon, so I need to test that on a newer server. One of the versions in between might support that feature, but I figure I may as well make sure I haven't broken 0.6.0 compatibility while I'm at it.

EDIT: GAH. I forgot I need to use MY minilogn, which I already have. Man, it's been a long time...

EDIT: Well. 0.6.0-DR2 still works, and I managed to fix some problems along the way. The server is still sending me extra item packets for cursor items that aren't really there but the client handles them without crashing or anything (when you put them somewhere the server complains that they don't exist).

Last edited by Windcatcher; 10-24-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Who's thirsty?

I don't even have support for alcohol effects in the client (though you can consume stuff so it might work), but this is a start...

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to model some of the other tradeskill items?
- Pottery wheel
- Kiln
- Oven

Last edited by Windcatcher; 10-24-2007 at 08:19 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'll look into the other tradeskill objects this weekend and make a few samples. Should'nt take much time for those.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Two more handheld items in the next version, and a bunch of tradeskill icons and items in the test DB...

Old 10-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default Dark have been my dreams of late...

I haven't yet made loot tables for these yet, but the Saravite bandit leader might be carrying something interesting...

I've also improved the last two of the external views. The left and right square bracket keys will rotate you around and the comma and period keys will rotate you up or down.

Hmm...I need to fix the weapon delay printout and that usable classes list for the chain shirt :P

Last edited by Windcatcher; 10-31-2007 at 09:58 PM..
Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
waternorth
Sarnak

Still active?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Yes, but I took a break for a while and I'm not working intensely on it. At the moment I'm trying to get alternate faces to work, which is a multi-step process:

- Tweak the player Anim8or models so facial textures are recognizable as such
- Update OpenZone so .XWF files store extra information so facial textures can be identified
- Update the loader DLL so facial texture ID information can be read by the client
- Update the client's 3D engine so it can use alternate facial textures

I'm on the last part, and this is probably the hardest. I might work on it a little tomorrow. Two weeks from now I'll have two weeks off from work, so hopefully I'll make some real progress then.

I've also updated the character selection and character creation screens so you can see your character. After I get alternate faces working, I need to make some minor bugfixes around the server and character selection windows -- sometimes closing them doesn't properly kick you back a level. The client also needs support for the 30-second camp cycle. At that point it should be ready for an initial public release, but we REALLY REALLY **REALLY** need a patcher system so we can push out updates without sowing chaos in the process.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Finally...

I still need to do some more testing, but this is a good sign.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I wasn't quite there, but it's all fixed now. I had to make more changes to OpenZone, to the client, and even an addition to my 0.5.5 server (because it didn't support NPC faces) but alternate faces are definitely supported now (using the "face" field in the npc_types DB table). Chalk up another important feature.

Last edited by Windcatcher; 12-09-2007 at 06:31 PM..