Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:06 AM
clericgildina
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a Home

Hey guys,

I used to play EverQuest for about 4 years and I had a lot of fun, but after a while, I just grew away from it. I used to play on the Nameless server and had a 65 Shaman, 65 Cleric (Shared), 62 Necromancer and some other miscellaneous mid-50s character and I am very interested in playing again.

I am in University now and of course money is a tight issue so I began looking for cheaper options in games. I tried Guild Wars for the past 2 years but the battle engine is really getting to me and I just want to play EQ again.

I haven't bought the Titanium edition of the game yet but plan on doing it by next weekend and I was looking for some help from you guys and I have a few questions:

1. From what I read you can join servers that have expedited experience amounts and that sounds very very good for myself. One thing I am worried about is not being able to get gear for my character. I assume the community population is low, so putting together a group to get equipment would probably be difficult but I was wondering: Is it possible to somehow get gear without groups/raids? Such as like the GM options where you can summon gear?

2. Pretty much the same as question 1 but: Is it hard to get spells for your character or is it made easy on these servers (such as a merchant) for getting spells?

3. Lastly (for now) can someone give me an idea as to: Which server should I play on? Which would be the most sufficient for what I have asked here?

Thanks guys, hope to hear a response soon.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Semedaien
Sarnak

1. Is it possible to somehow get gear without groups/raids? Such as like the GM options where you can summon gear?
Some servers yes, NON LEGIT and some SEMI LEGIT, depending on how the server is setup. LEGIT servers do not allow you to have any GM commands at all.

2. Is it hard to get spells for your character or is it made easy on these servers (such as a merchant) for getting spells?
All depends on the server, some servers have spell scribing bots which u hail and say scribe, you automatically get all spells up to max level or the level your at. Other servers have it where you have to work for your spells, pay 1million plat or w/e (KMRA). And others are Legit, like Grand Creation and EQ Trilogy, you have to buy your spells and research/raid! Grand Creation / Eq Trilogy both have easier money making tho.

3. Which server should I play on? Which would be the most sufficient for what I have asked here?
Old school server, Kunark/Velious Try the Trilogy server. Lower pop right now because it was just upped 2 days ago! XP = 1.0 (maybe changed to 1.5)

If you want more expansions try Grand Creation, Kunark/Velious/Luclin/Working on PoP. XP = I think its 1.5, i maybe mistaken.

LIVE XP = 0.8

EQ Trilogy -Deception [GM]-
http://eqtrilogy.hostwq.net/