Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Default Pet faction same as player

On Irrev server, at least, pets carry the faction of their owners (like old eq) instead of defaulting to nonagro until engaged.

I'm not sure if this carries over to other servers, but if others would be willing to just test (by summoning low level pets on a higher toon and entering a mid ranged dungeon: one low enough that mobs wont agro on the player, but may on a lower pet) this issue: it would be wonderful.

I fear some of the pet changes done recently (read as: since the last time i was active on these boards) have reverted the pet code somewhere. Irrev server uses a default emu build for coding with a small change in mob statistics dbase for soloability. I do not believe any changes are done with the pets themselves beyond any generic npc changes for health/damage, but Irreverant would have to post as to what is actually changed to verify.

edit: I have been informed by the player testing it that is mainly is the goblin npcs that do it, oddly enough. Ie: perma, sol.

Last edited by bufferofnewbies; 04-23-2011 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: more info from playerbase
Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

You might try checking the _INT field in the npc_types table. This determines if an npc will aggro a higher level target. (i.e. if you wanted a level 1 kos npc to attack a level 50, change its npc_types._int to 20)

I am not sure if the public source code/db still works this way, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Unfortunately, the npc will not attack higher level players. Just low level pets of those players. Player agro is nonexistant until the pet moves within agro range of the npcs.