Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:14 PM
skywalker646
Sarnak

Default Ports not opening

Hey all,

I have turned on the sever on the host pc and it seems that despite the firewall rules being implemented, only some of the required ports are opening up. The biggest culprits are all the zone ports (7000, 7001, etc.)

Any idea why this is happening? I initially thought it was the router or ISP causing the issue, but it doesn't seem to open them on the pc side.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:03 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Have you tried Shield UP! to test your net presence?

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

This will tell you exactly what your outward facing presence is like, then you can hand tailor your router tables to forward the ports required.

Are you using just Windows Defender or do you have a third party product?

Do you know how to forward ports on your router?
Old 10-18-2018, 06:21 AM
skywalker646
Sarnak

I'm using windows defender. The problem is that I am forwarding fron the router but that the ports are not opening up on the comuter itself. When I run McDonalds it shows some of the ports open but not all, even though the rules are in place
Old 10-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Andvari
Fire Beetle

Are you sure your ports aren't open? I ran into the same issue, or so I thought, until I realized the most commonly recommended port scanner (http://www.canyouseeme.org/) does not perform a UDP scan. The zone ports are indeed UDP.

Try this one instead: https://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php

Be sure to tick the Advanced option and check UDP Scan. GlassDeviant's suggestion may also handle UDP Scanning, I'm not sure. Also, be sure your server is running when you attempt this; if nothing on your computer is actively listening on a port, a port scanner usually won't see it even if your router/PC is configured properly.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:26 PM
skywalker646
Sarnak

I can try that. I had been using the netstat -an command in cmd to list open ports and the 7000s didnt show up
Old 10-19-2018, 12:27 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

You could try this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ho...-10,36451.html
Old 11-02-2018, 08:11 PM
skywalker646
Sarnak

I ran that GRC site and it shows the 7000s ports as stealthed, even though the rule was added to windows defender.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:19 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Sounds like that is your problem. You may need to open the ports yourself, or check your router (cable/dsl "modems" are routers, too, they are not actually modems). There is usually a way to configure the ports yourself, or failing that talk to your ISP and have them do it for you. Most reputable ones will do it for free, some may charge a small fee.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:01 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

router settings for sure, if the rule is present in windows firewall. router settings -> port forward, dmz w/e you choose should open it up.

if any AntiVirus software is running, turn that garbage off. even load up taskmanager and look for residual processes from that AV software. kill those processes too. i doubt windows defender is a problem like mcafee or norton type bloat. you can leave defender running.

even uninstall that stuff, lol.. but you can easily add lines to current server bat file to kill those processes... and even add commands to the close server bat files to restart the AV software if you wanted to.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:33 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

NOBODY can connect to you open 9001