Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:24 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

Default Server Ideas

So I have noticed there are a pile of servers here that have live like difficulty but no population. Also I have noticed there are a few servers that actually have populations that supply a "live" like experience were you actually might be able to do the raid content due to having enough people.

What I would like to propose is we need some more servers where the raid content is 1 groupable so that if the server pop is only a few people you can still actually do most of the game. Also some more content would be nice as well, some raid content past PoP for example.

I assume I am not alone in being an old school player that would like some content to do that hasn't been done to death (i'm looking at you PoP) while also being able to just log in with a buddy and do it.

Adding bots or merc's and defiant to cheese thru content isnt a great solution either, I mean if you are going to have defiant in the game does that not render all other gear pointless? especially on a PoP max server?
Old 04-16-2017, 04:39 PM
tdanger84
Fire Beetle

you can propose all you want, but unless you are planning on making it yourself you're just tossing around wishlists like the rest of us haha. we all have our own desires in a server but the only way they will come to fruition is to literally learn how to create and run it yourself. If I had the savvy necessary I would have made my own server a long time ago
Old 04-16-2017, 04:56 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

Ya, I hear you on that.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Albator
Fire Beetle

If you want a classic pop database to start with you can try this:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41282
Old 04-19-2017, 02:00 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

it doesn't always have to be all or nothing.

you could omit the op'd defiant stuff. even change level req's of them. i always appreciate a minor starting set. i figure i'll zoom 1-50 on most, so classic-equivalent stuff from basic dungeuns certainly isn't game breaking. i've always appreciated it when available, but you still are itching to replace it, immediately.

i think eqtitan streamlined the twilight sea quest stuff, if i recall... that stuff's meh, but greatly appreciated with a first toon on a server. 3 / 28 starter weapon is bit ridiculous, lol.

but the crude or whatever lower-level defiant stuff could serve same purpose.