Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Mesenkomaha
Fire Beetle

Default The EQOA Revival Project

Here is some secret information from the EQOA Revival Project. I want to share our progress with you folks and hope to attract some attention from talented devs that would be able to help us revive this beautiful, classic Everquest experience.

So far we've been able to: set up a patching server, bypass log in by sending an auth key to the client during login (we are in the midst of creating a real login server), and get to the server selection screen. At this point we're working on getting into the game world itself.

What do you guys think? While we have a team of pretty computer savvy fellas, none of us are true pros. We are a bunch of bards I guess, jacks of all trades but masters of none. So we've been able to dink and dunk our way to this point but attracting a true, visionary dev would be awesome.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully help us out.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:34 PM
machman
Fire Beetle

This is great! I am no dev but I am a fan of the game. Please keep up with the updates?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:14 PM
daerath
Sarnak

It's time to slay the dragon.
/eyebrow raise
Old 09-23-2015, 01:30 AM
Beebster
Fire Beetle

I just wanted to give an update that they have made it to the character select screen, currently working on logging into the real world through the front door. If interested in helping feel free to contact one of us or look for us on facebook!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:39 AM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebster View Post
I just wanted to give an update that they have made it to the character select screen, currently working on logging into the real world through the front door. If interested in helping feel free to contact one of us or look for us on facebook!
Good to hear you guys are still making progress. I have to mention though I am curious why you guys continuously are asking people to find you on facebook lol... I don't even have a facebook account cause well, fuck facebook?

If I do get some free time I might crack open these EQOA CD's.

Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Beebster
Fire Beetle

There is also a forum eqoarevival.com, currently isn't used much though. We have a few people make "fake" Facebook accounts in the development group, just seems to be easier on Facebook currently I guess. We're you interested in helping at all by chance image? I can get you in touch with the right people outside of Facebook if you would like. Also we have a wiki,http://wiki.eqoarevival.com/index.php/Main_Page . Thanks for the reply image, hope to hear from you again!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Demi-God

I signed up for the forums, waiting for my account to be activated it seems. I will definitely give it a closer look, but I don't want to promise anything right now because I have other projects that are priority currently.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.