Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:18 AM
sasaluge
Sarnak

Default old version of VP

Once creating a server (using the general pack for public), how is it possible to have the VP zone be the pre gates of discord revamp version?

And are there any of the servers right now that use this version (besides p99) to help me get a better general idea?

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:06 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

AFAIK peq's db includes both and its possible to have the old one spawn instead. I'd have to go look that up though.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:55 PM
sasaluge
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
AFAIK peq's db includes both and its possible to have the old one spawn instead. I'd have to go look that up though.
awesome, thanks for the feedback ! just curious as to how I would have the old one spawn instead of the revamped version
Old 09-23-2015, 01:07 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

I've done a preliminary check of the data for Veshan's Peak from the peq DB. `npc_types.id` between 108500 -108999 will show the npcs for pre-revamp. (there's only about 19)

`peq.spawn2._condition != 2` meaning 1 are the spawn2's for classic. I am unsure how accurate the data is but, it's the most complete I could find.

The easiest way to disable the other half would be:

Code:
update `spawn2` set `enabled` = 0 where spawn2.`_condition` = 2 and spawn2.`zone` = 'veeshan';
Notice the different quotation marks.

I prefer to do it a different way but it's a little more work.

EDIT: If you don't see racnars and wurms there is something else that needs to be done. I don't recall off-hand if I had to do anything else so, report back if they aren't spawning.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:10 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

It's accurate in that the right NPCs are in the zone, but the rest of the data is way off.

I had to go in and adjust most of the damage values, spells, drops, etc. Plus to be truly accurate the zone has a 30 min respawn on wurms.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:57 PM
sasaluge
Sarnak

ok, will try all of this tonight/tomorrow

thanks for your help !
Old 09-23-2015, 08:32 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I figured those things were off. I haven't spent the time to find sources which would give more accurate data for the items you mentioned chrsschb. 30 minute respawn on wurms (racnars?) is a good start though, thanks. (everything is at about 20 hours)

Hope it works sasaluge but, if it doesn't let me know, glad to help how I can.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:32 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
I figured those things were off. I haven't spent the time to find sources which would give more accurate data for the items you mentioned chrsschb. 30 minute respawn on wurms (racnars?) is a good start though, thanks. (everything is at about 20 hours)

Hope it works sasaluge but, if it doesn't let me know, glad to help how I can.
From what I recall the racnars and drakes were regular respawn time (like 3-5 days), while the wurms would repop after only 30 minutes. It forced the raid to keep moving through the dungeon and abuse safe spots (noted on any older map) because the wurms wandered.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

VP trash should be 2 minute respawns.