Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:53 AM
starblight
Sarnak

Default Quest combines wrong container type

I am trying to combine "Grimror's Sleeves Of The Plagues" but I am getting the error message "you cannot combine these items in this container type!" I looked up the recipe in peq editor trade skills tab and the recipe is there and looks correct. I also looked up the container Mystical Furnace of Ro (17184) and the bag type was set to 13: SELFDUSTING.

I know I had a similar problem with "Aiden_Silverwing" quest combines. But that quest did not have the recipes by default in the database.

I am hoping that this being a much more common combine or at least I hope it is that someone has figured it out. Anyways any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Uleat
Developer

Looks like the 'tradeskill' needs to be updated for all of those recipes - according to my database.

Skill '75' is now SkillRemoveTraps where it used to be the generic tradeskill.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to review all of the recipes since that was changed some time ago.

EDIT: Here's a quick list: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?Module=...Paste=Nc7yM5gV

EDIT2: I actually just tried this on my test server with the UF client and it worked... I'll try some other clients and see what happens.

EDIT3: I just tested Ti through RoF2 and all combined properly on a default server. If you're not playing on your own server, I would post the issue on the server's website.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 03-29-2016 at 04:29 PM..
Old 03-30-2016, 01:33 AM
starblight
Sarnak

First thanks for looking into this for me. I am on my own server compiled 2-3 months ago. I am using RoF2 client. Other quest combines work any idea why this one would not?

An example of a quest combine that dose work is "Pieces Of The Iceclad Map"
Old 03-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Uleat
Developer

That link I posted contains a list of recipes that require skill '75' for combining.

"9909,Pieces Of The Iceclad Map" is in that list.

You can run this script on your database to find ones that may be affected on your server:
Code:
SELECT `id`, `name`, `tradeskill` FROM `tradeskill_recipe` WHERE `tradeskill` = '75';

Off the top of my head, I really don't know what it could be since the default server appears to be working..though, it is an intriguing issue.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-30-2016, 02:33 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Do you have more than one recipe that requires the same set of components?

If so, it errors with 'you cannot combine these items in this container type', or did in the past.

I would do a quick check to see if the product exists in more than one recipe, or if the components are the same for another product.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:17 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Do you have more than one recipe that requires the same set of components?

If so, it errors with 'you cannot combine these items in this container type', or did in the past.

I would do a quick check to see if the product exists in more than one recipe, or if the components are the same for another product.
I think I fixed that a long time ago. If there are duplicates, it picks the first one found now instead of crapping out on multiple recipes.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:07 PM
starblight
Sarnak

Well I am glad to hear I do not need to hunt down recipes with the same components

I did do the query and found 575 tradeskill recipes with 75 in the tradeskill row.

I am confused on what this is showing me however. The recipe I gave as an example that works. "9909, Pieces Of The Iceclad Map" is set to 75 as well as "9822, Grimror's Sleeves Of The Plagues" and both show up in the query.

I guess I just have not connected the dots yet on how this works so not even sure what questions I should be asking or what to look for.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Uleat
Developer

No, part of that is my misreading what you posted...

I thought that you had typed doesn't work for the "Pieces Of The Iceclad Map" recipe as well...

I would, if this is your server, manually summon the items that are required and verify that the recipe works that way.

Code:
SELECT `id`, `name` FROM `items` WHERE `name` IN (SELECT `name` FROM `items` WHERE `id` IN (SELECT `item_id` id FROM `tradeskill_recipe_entries` WHERE `recipe_id` = '9822'));
doesn't show duplicate items in my database.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-30-2016, 08:58 PM
starblight
Sarnak

Ok I gave myself each item and it worked!!. Though it did delete the Mystical Furnace of Ro witch I think it was not suppose too. So for now I will do some more tests on my end to see if I can figure out what piece made it work.

as a quick note though this was the results of the last query you posted.

Quote:
id name
16283 Ethereal Sheet of Metal
16270 Shadowknight Emblem
16372 Elemental Vambrace Mold
29546 Tanaan Smithing Hammer
11441 Grimror's Sleeves of the Plagues
17184 Mystical Furnace of Ro
thanks for all your help on this.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:59 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

If you are trying to do a quest combine and the reward is perl or lua based. The tradeskill needs to have a result with itemid 0. Then inside the correct sub event you can give them the resulting item.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:07 PM
joligario
Developer

Not sure how/if the tradeskill skill numbers are used in that manner, but there is a bagtype to tradeskill type conversion in the editor. It puts 13 (self dusting as posted above) -> 75 (quest combines). I don't see that 75 was ever a skill called quest combine so that is why I'm not sure it matters in skill type.

EDIT: As I read the remaining posts, it seems there may not be any issue. Wrong items (ids) for combine maybe.

EDIT: If it was just the skill none 75, then looks like we can move it down to 78 now.

Last edited by joligario; 03-30-2016 at 09:16 PM..
Old 03-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

I changed that some time ago in the skills file: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../skills.h#L151

Someone had marked it 75 when the max was 74..we're up to 77 now with RoF2.

One reason I don't like giving too much power to scripting...

One reason I don't like hard-coding values into code or scripts...

EDIT:
I do have an unimplemented fix for that... https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../skills.h#L127

But, it would behoove us to set up some perl tokens like KLS did in lua: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...eral.cpp#L1756
(That's for inventory..guess we need some skill defs there too...)

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 03-30-2016 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-30-2016, 09:42 PM
joligario
Developer

So I think it is just best to leave it 75 for now. The only time it will matter is if a min skill is needed. For quest combines, you won't need a min skill so it shouldn't be an issue.