Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Keladon
Fire Beetle

Default Expansion variable and AAs

I've been digging through the source code and trying to learn how the expansion variable is used and if it might be possible to activate AAs for earlier expansions than Luclin but I can't find anything.

Would this be possible or is there something on the clientside that would prevent this? Would really appreciate some pointers where to look if it is possible.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Digitala
Sarnak

Any information on this would be really helpful.
Thx
Old 11-19-2009, 07:07 PM
trevius
Developer

The expansion setting in the Variables table uses a bit mask to let you pick and chose which expansions you want. Here is the wiki note on what to set for it:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...les#Expansions

Just add up the expansions and put the total in the variables table for the expansion setting.

As for disabling certain AAs for certain expansions, I am unaware of any current support for that. I don't think we have them all labeled out properly by expansion yet anyway. If they were all sorted properly per expansion and set in the table, it probably wouldn't be too hard to add support for only sending AAs that match the expansion setting of the server. For now though, you are best off just deleting the AAs you don't want them to have from your altadv_vars table.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Keladon
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply, Trevius. I might have been abit unclear, I know how to use the expansion variable but I can't find where in the source code it is being used. I'm guessing it sends some kind of packet to the client to tell it to enable which expansions but I'm not quite sure where to look.

What I wish to do is to make AAs available in earlier expansion than Luclin. I want to be able to set the expansion variable to only enable say classic and kunark for the server but still give the players the abilites to use AAs.

Would that be possible by changing the source? And if anyone has any idea where to look I would really appreciate a hint, C++ ain't my primary language but I am keen to learn.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Keladon
Fire Beetle

Why was this thread moved to the windows forum? It's a question about source code...
Old 11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
trevius
Developer

I moved it out of the development section, because it is more of a support/request thread than one to do with further development of EQEmu. The development section is for discussing further development changes or development issues, not for support or requests.

Now that you have explained that you want AAs to be usable when only Kunark or Classic are enabled, I believe that is a limitation of the client that cannot be changed. Changing the expansion variable changes what expansion version is sent to the client. Just like on Live, if you don't own certain expansions, you do not receive the special features from those expansions. The client was built to work that way, and I can't think of any simple way around it.

Your best bet is probably to just set the Luclin expansion as well and then just block off the other zones you don't want. You would still have Vah Shir, but if needed, you could write a script that changes any players who are Vah Shir into a Classic permanent race.

Last edited by trevius; 11-20-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 11:30 PM
deladriendil
Sarnak

Default AAs missing

I'm having a similar issue. most recent db.

running ROF2 client
Changed World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings to false
Changed World:ExpansionSettings to 59 (LDON and older)

Yet when I look at AAs. I only have planes of power. nothing from Luclin.

looking at aa_ability table. enabled = 1 for all AAs listed.

what am I missing to enable the Luclin AAs?
Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

World:ExpansionSettings 63 1+2+4+8+16+32 = 63 (I always set that in variables to, as a preference).

Code:
0 - Classic
1 - Ruins of Kunark
2 - Scars of Velious
4 - Shadows of Luclin
8 - Planes of Power
16 - Legacy of Ykesha
32 - Lost Dungeons of Norrath
64 - Gates of Discord
128 - Omens of War
256 - Dragons of Norrath
512 - Depths of Darkhallow
1024 - Prophecy of Ro
2048 - Serpent's Spine
4096 - The Burried Sea
8192 - Secrets of Faydwer
Old 05-01-2018, 08:24 AM
deladriendil
Sarnak

Thanks Grumpy! I must of missed adding the 4 for Luclin.