Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:28 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

Default Memory Error Logging Onto Server

Just want to foreshadow that I already posted this on the suspect server page, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this error. I will also foreshadow that I use MacroQuest, but ONLY for the stability of boxing and being able to check spawns (I don't use macros and I DEFINITELY don't use warping and warn / frown upon people who mention it)

So I was creating a new warrior character on one of my accounts on the Imperium server, and when I clicked "Play" or "Submit" or whatever it is after choosing a name, I received a 0x00000014 error and was immediately booted. I box another account on the server, and this account was not booted or affected in any way.

I tried logging back in on the suspect account, and I got another error like the message above (0x77698e19 referenced memory at 0x00000014). I tested this issue with the other account by logging out of it and back in. I was able to log into the server just fine.

On a hunch, I tried logging onto another server to see if I received the same error. Logged into the Tkon Empire server just fine. I also tried logging in WITHOUT MQ running and I still run into this issue. So this is literally isolated to JUST the Imperium server on this ONE account! And it all happened after creating a warrior named Canderous. I want to state that I think the choice of name is causing the issue, based on superstition alone, but seriously, has anyone ran into an issue like this before? I was having a BLAST on this server, and now I've lost my main account on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to solving this issue!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:59 AM
joligario
Developer

If it happened during character creation, have the server admin look at the character's checksum value. If it is all 0, I have seen that boot the client every time. If that is the case, deletion of the new character usually fixes it.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:08 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

thank you Joligario! I will pass this along to the admins of the server and see if this fixes the issue!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
trevius
Developer

What client are you using to connect with? I assume it it the UF client, as I have had similar reports of issues on Storm Haven for 2 separate accounts. The UF client was the only one that had that type of crash. All other ones newer or older were able to log into the account fine. Maybe it is not the same issue, but it is the only time I have seen crashes while logging in a particular account in with a particular client related to 1 character on the account.

This is a fairly recent issue (within the past few months), but I am not 100% sure what the cause is. My only suspicion is it could be related to the player profile deblob in some way. Not sure how or why yet, or even what causes it.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:40 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

Yes Trevius, it was with the UF client. Looks like the server admin deleted the character causing the problem and I was able to log into the account with no issues after that.