Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 01-24-2014, 05:14 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Default creategroundobjectfrommodel & race cond?

I'm seeing some odd behavior in a quest. I am using creategroundobjectfrommodel to create an object. This occurs right after the player zones in.

The object is created just fine, but I cannot get rid of it. A depop sends the packet, but the object still remains in the client's view.

If I delay 30 sec before creating the object, the object is able to depop/respawn/depop just fine. A 5 sec delay did not work.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here? Or perhaps areas that I should look into?

Thanks much
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

Are you using static or dynamic zones?

(Specifically, is the zone that this is occurring in static or dynamic?)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

A static zone (Crescent Reach).

I have verified that the delay is between zoning and object creation (if you wait a bit after zoning in to create the object, it will delete correctly). This is a problem since I have a quest triggering off of proximity, and this occurs before the client is ready.

I thought it might be a delay after zone boot, but no.

I think a better explanation would be that the character must be completely in the zone before the object is created. This kind of makes sense. But the server sees the zone-in completing far sooner than the client.

Perhaps I can spot some way for the server to know when the client is *really* ready. The last thing that occurs for me on the Underfoot client is a 0x173f opcode.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Nevermind... I feel like an idiot. Everything works fine, I broke something about a year ago and it just now showed itself. I completely forgot that I messed around with the zone-in code.