Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Default Who likes Old-School??

Anyone here interested in old-school, Verant style server???
Join us over at http://projecteq.org .
Web site and forums are UP.
Come on over and share your views on what you think an old-school server needs.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:54 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Screen shots up, early stages, we'd love you're input.
Stop by and check us out.

http://www.projecteq.org/screenshots.html
Old 09-16-2007, 08:56 AM
monoxideftw
Sarnak

i would play if it was pvp =/
Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Alacres
Fire Beetle

Man, the amazing feeling that I just got from seeing the old character creation UI <333.

You guys have my support 100% honestly. I'd give anything for this server to become a reality.

I don't have any programming experience, but if you have grunt work that you could use help with, don't hesitate to ask me ^_^. It'd be my pleasure.

/hat's off salute
Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Freshmaster
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up ...

i love oldskool !!!! bring it back that old ui..... the oasis days haha
im all for it .
Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Ishamal
Fire Beetle

This server is going to be very big
Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Revilor
Fire Beetle

Looks great, I hope you guys actually pull it off and not disappear from the face of the planet after a couple weeks.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I saw the screenshots at your web site - the Gui is the original one, but didn't Iksar race come out later on, like with Kunark?
This is like I thought, when you download the "Trilogy" from Sony, you are not really getting the original EQ. What you really get is a few free weeks to play on the first of the zones in Everquest.
What I mean by this is, everything Eq live has to offer will be there just not all the expansions, But you can simply switch them on by later on paying for the expansion(s) you want.
I wouldn't be surprized if the boat they(Sony) used is the latest one I saw when I logged into live the other day; a smaller "economy-sized" skiff - This is all ok, but for the real , original EQ, It would have to be the same old boat, with the same old travel times (new travel times are much faster). It would also need to be void of all post Triology races. All these small details are what made up the real Everquest interesting.
At one time, I had a server pretty close to what it was when it was a Verant game-by this I mean exp rates, drop rates, travel times, plat drop rates, etc., Out of all the players that logged in to play ( and they were many), about two of them showed interest and stayed, but then left, because there was no one to play with.
Most of what I had was rants over too slow exp, no drops, and rest of the above mentioned. So, you should know most people here are "spoiled" to easy game play, and will tire fast when they see what you have going. I hope you stick to your policies and don't give in to "Everquest made easy" requests.
Example: You can play on any EqEmu server today, reach level 65 in a few days, this was unheard of in the old EqDays.
My server is pretty much customized now (but tell me about one that is not?). I have it looking just about it was when I quit playing on live a few years ago, with a few changes. Now, I just have to get over being "burnt out" after more than a year of working on it, so I can maybe play and enjoy it.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:52 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Angelox : Drop by the forums, You'll see that it's not just a new UI and stuff, we are going with and older velious client, yes it's second generation, but it opens as classic UI in 640x480.
I'll be posting the new IN-GAME Screen -shots later tonight, they're awesome
Come on over and voice your opinions, we'd love to hear what you have to say, this is going to be a community guided server.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

The Screen Shots, as promised

http://projecteq.org/screenshots.html
Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

The boat! where's the boat?
Anyways, I have more questions;
What about your log in server? will it remain proprietary (like Doodman's), or will you post it to the public?
Also, will you be allowing other servers and/or of other types, or will it just be your server and/or servers like yours?
Finaly, if you do open up your log in server for others to use, will there be any type of preference given to "Preffered and Legends" servers /or any policys at all?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:24 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Boats are coming, They are a priority, as for the rest, undecided as of yet.
We are still re-writing code to interact with the loginserver.
The subject of others using the loginserver has not been discussed yet, we figured we would get a server up and functional before worrying about those issues.