Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:57 PM
Bytebait
Sarnak

Default Login Server issue

My EQEMU Server is up at work while the client is at home. I've made a rule for the following ports to be allowed on my work firewall.
Port 3306
Port 7000-75000
Port 5998-5999

I see the server in the public Server Select screen but unable to connect with the "Unknown error occurred while trying to join the server."

My firewall shows traffic from 195.54.160.55:7121 (or 213.217.0.70) only, and it's allowed traffic.

I'm also seeing all the proper windows firewall ports open on the EQEMU server.

I made no changes (other than the server name) to the eqemu_config.json

Any ideas on what I'm missing?
Old 04-22-2020, 06:17 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

When you say work firewall, I assume you mean your hardware/gateway, correct?

I use these on my gateway and then point those to the machine that is hosting the server, which also has ports open at the Windows 10 level firewall as well.

Code:
TCP/UDP: 9000
TCP/UDP: 7000-7500
TCP/UDP: 7778-7779
TCP/UDP: 5998-5999
I have MYSQL port 3306 in there too but that's only because I can maintain the DB remotely. Not necessary unless you're using that function.

Hope that helps
Old 04-22-2020, 06:37 PM
Bytebait
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
When you say work firewall, I assume you mean your hardware/gateway, correct?

I use these on my gateway and then point those to the machine that is hosting the server, which also has ports open at the Windows 10 level firewall as well.

Code:
TCP/UDP: 9000
TCP/UDP: 7000-7500
TCP/UDP: 7778-7779
TCP/UDP: 5998-5999
I have MYSQL port 3306 in there too but that's only because I can maintain the DB remotely. Not necessary unless you're using that function.

Hope that helps
My client is able to log into other servers.
I know the NAT works because I can Remote desktop directly to the server from home.
Allowing all traffic from all locations isn't helping. Is there a setting that I'm missing on the EQEmu Server side for the login server to work?
Old 04-22-2020, 07:41 PM
Bytebait
Sarnak

well fork me. . .

Honestly, a solid three hours of trying to find the issue. After turning the server off and on again solved it.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:24 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

FYI in case of future issues. I always recommend shutting down a restarting the server if you modify the firewall at all. Half the time the server is trying to access the port before you opened it up so the server gets stuck and thinks its still closed.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:51 PM
gxb3200
Fire Beetle

I am having this same issue. I have built a new server from scratch and I can see my server UP locally in the server select screen, once I click PLAY EVERQUEST it comes back with an error "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server". I wanted to see if the username and password get entered into the PEQ accounts database and I do not see it making it that far, accounts DB is empty still. I am local and not going through any firewall. I have the windows firewalls disabled on both server and client. Any ideas?
Old 05-20-2020, 07:48 PM
Bytebait
Sarnak

Are you able to connect using the 'player' accounts on Eqemulator.org ? Confirming first that everything works that way may help you establish if it's your login server or the server itself.