Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:18 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Default Question regarding GM status

Greetings,

So one of my players (GM) asked me if there was a way to make the #gm off command "work", as to not still showing up as GM ?

Even though he uses the #Gm OFF, he still shows up as GM to players who do a /who command (when in same zone), the /who all command doesn't show him as GM when he as it toggled off.

So I was wondering if it is possible to fix this ? or does he have to make a completely new character, if he wants to play as a "regular" joe ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Old 01-29-2019, 09:07 PM
Uleat
Developer

I added it to my list of things to look at..

..someone else may get to it before me.

(I've never paid attention to see if this is happening...)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-30-2019, 04:19 AM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I added it to my list of things to look at..

..someone else may get to it before me.

(I've never paid attention to see if this is happening...)
Thanks for the swift reply, and for looking into it - I'm still a newb when it comes to coding and such, and don't wanna mess too much around with a working a server lol
Old 01-30-2019, 09:35 AM
joligario
Developer

Perhaps he actually isn’t turning off GM mode. If his window is defaulted to group (or other channel) it won’t pick it up. To be sure, have him target himself and do /say #gm off.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:26 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Perhaps he actually isn’t turning off GM mode. If his window is defaulted to group (or other channel) it won’t pick it up. To be sure, have him target himself and do /say #gm off.
It's the same regardless of which window he writes it in.

I logged on to the account and tried myself ... It says "no longer GM", yet when you do a /who (while in the same zone), he will still pop up as "GM" tagged ...
Old 01-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Uleat
Developer

I had to take a nap..some of the results I was getting earlier were .. illogical...

Both '/who' and '/who all' are matched in their behavior for gm flags.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-31-2019, 04:01 AM
prestanneth
Fire Beetle

GM off could set like hideme in the account table like /hideme or GMHideMe() func
- think that removes from /who, cant remember ever using, maybe useful..

KentaiVZ
Old 02-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestanneth View Post
GM off could set like hideme in the account table like /hideme or GMHideMe() func
- think that removes from /who, cant remember ever using, maybe useful..

KentaiVZ
Its a possibility, however .... that makes him invisible to all the players ... - however not the mobs ... ><
Old 02-02-2019, 01:52 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

My account status is set to 255 and with #GM off I can't see my own GM tag after I zone. I can still see account status 255 but that is just a gm privelege I believe.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Uleat
Developer

GM off you shouldn't be pegged as a GM.

The /who (all) gm should only find gm-flagged players..not statused ones.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-02-2019, 08:49 PM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

Unless someone is using the gm #who instead of the regular /who all. I'm using updated, compiled source and the whole who business seems to be working good. As far as that #gmhideme, it's not all that cracked up to be anything too usefull. It's just an uber invis. A regular player can still do a /who all and see the toon listed, so it really doesn't hide a known GM name, even if the gm tag is off, his name still shows up on a who all.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Uleat
Developer

That does need to be reworked...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-02-2019, 09:51 PM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

That whole GM thing with the green flag above your head is more of a novelty than anything. At the very most, the tag can verify the identity to a player. Other than that, the only good use I found for having #gm on, is freely being able to wander around a zone without mob aggro, while I get things worked on. I would think logs are more practical than having the time to play sneak and hide trying to catch players breaking server rules. Just my opinion anyway.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Having GM also turns on the official GM commands in the client. I get a lot of use out of some like /goto
Old 02-03-2019, 01:58 PM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

Oh definately, the whole GM command system has some advantages for everyone's individual needs. I have little hotkeys made up for common uses, but I make up some for frequent travelling when I am working on a zone. Like right now, I am doing some things in the ecommons tunnels, so the hotkey is made for #zone ecommons x,y,z putting me where I need to go. For what I am doing, I don't necessarily need a status above 1, I just need the command settings adjusted to make all the #commands available to me. I have hotkeys made up for things like #reloadquest, #repop, and many other ingame editing commands, but I very rarely need the #gm on so I don't really use it much. I have things adjusted so I don't get those annoying dev stat windows that pop up now when a gm targets an npc, or player. But I'm sure many are enjoying that kind of thing.