Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:54 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default Ever Luclin Server

Well, we are soon coming up on 5 months since Ever Luclin was open to the public, but not without it's unexpected glitches, getting off to a bad start and a big apology is definately owed to those earlier players that got caught up in it all. Through the trials and tribulations, and issues with the data centre host, my patience was tested, but I had no intentions of giving up and that perseverance has paid off. With the solid uptime since April 9th, the server is more stable than it's ever been, fortifying a normality that was long overdue.

Ever Luclin is an Everquest Shadows of Luclin emulator project, with no intentions of implying accuracy or perfection for it's era. Although it's had countless hours of time and effort put into it, the long term goals will continue with it's inevitable destiny, regardless of interest from the community. Negativity fuels my energy and hurdles along the way have become catapults in the journey to make it happen. But as I like to tell everyone, "People can have fun, if you stop worrying about people".

The server has reached that checkpoint that allows me to relax and focus on all the little tedious edits to the odd scripts and npc's as I become aware of them. In the last month, the simplified bug report system has become well organized, enabling me to deal with them promptly, with most edits being done without interrupting the server's reliable uptime.

Recently, I put a lot of effort into making things easier for a player to get setup with a stable (RoF2) client that is specificly more compatible to play on Ever Luclin, while also reducing the need for constantly downloading patch files. (see the Getting Started page).

The website, Luclin.Net is forever evolving, but it's not being built for looks to impress anyone. My priority was for easy navigation and reading, because that's what it's there for - knowledge and information. Discord chat was never needed to play Everquest in the past and it's not needed to play on this server. Webpages eliminate the need to repeatedly answer the same questions and the in-game chat system aids the players in helping each other. /ooc 'hi everyone, does anybody want a cloth cap ? I'm level 35 and don't need it anymore'

Regardless of low population, the server's goals will continue to be developed and maintain it's reason for existing.

Welcome to Ever Luclin - LUCLIN.NET
Old 05-20-2022, 08:23 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Ive added a basic Alla Clone to the website now. I'll be working on hosting an eqatlas clone as well, in the near future.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:49 PM
phaeton727
Fire Beetle

Awesome! Thanks, Huppy, great server.

- Taipo
Old 05-28-2022, 03:11 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Sometimes I have a twisted sense of humour, doing promo edits. It's fun to have fun. (try it sometime)

Old 05-31-2022, 06:34 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

As I had mentioned before about my Ever Luclin server being built from an old TakP database dump, I wasn't sure of the exact date of the db release, but in the file folder it shows the last "modified" date of the files (shown below) which was December 2015. I never remembered the link I downloaded them from, but the readme file shows a bunch of download links from back then, so who knows. I was always one of those "data hoarders" (or leechers) if you want to call it that.

Couple years ago, when I started digging into it, I was attracted to using it as a starting base, because, obviously, all the content past PoP was already removed saving me a lot of work, not having to use a vanilla peq db. It was a lot of trial and tribulation to get it updated to work with the current code at that time. (A lot of mysql errors). It was like trying to start an old diesel engine in 40 below weather. Eventually, I got it to a workable project stage. It still needed a lot of work to accomplish my own goals of a luclin era server, but eventually Ever Luclin was born.

If anyone is interested, I can zip up these old files and create a download link, but I prefer you just hop on over to my website and contact me through there, on the support page. (but don't ask me for help in using it, lol) Have fun everyone!