Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Uleat
Developer

Default Bot Commands

I need some feedback from any of you running a bots-enabled server.

I'm currently working on migrating bot commands into their own files and implementing them like our 'normal' commands.

1) I'm looking to use ^ in place of #bot to give direct access to bot commands. (It doesn't have to be the caret..but there are limitations.)

2) I'd like to clean-up the command tokens..but, I know that may cause a lot of issues with current setups - especially client macros.

Note: the '#bot' command will still be accepted..but, will be redirected to the new handlers.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-18-2015, 03:10 AM
skyy
Fire Beetle

tbh i couldnt care less about the command lingo; "#bot" was never an issue for me or players; since i also enabled #peqzone (very low pop server) everyone was used to use "#" prefixes beside.

most of the feedback about bots I received and my own impressions pretty much all point towards bot AI and too few commands to work around it
(i.e. shaman sometimes slow spamming unslowable mobs, cleric healing not efficient enough/or focused enough on MT)

missing commands imho:
-#bot group stance raid/normal (giving me playing the tank a few seconds headstart to build aggro) or in case MT is a bot (giving the designated tank a few seconds headstart to build aggro)

-#bot group autopull [delay after each pull] [range] (in combination with an exp fix to only get exp when the player is on the hatelist)

-#bot group priorityhealtarget [targetname] [%hp]

just my 2cp

-#bot group autocure [on/off]
Old 10-18-2015, 08:24 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Are you talking about just ^ or /say ^? Not sure how you're talking about it being parsed(?)
Old 10-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Uleat
Developer

Anything that comes in the 'normal' say channel will be parsed:

[Expired]

Just like the normal command processing..but, it's essentially giving two command operators - one for normal, one for bots.

I haven't tested any of this yet..but, I should be able to redirect '#bot' to the new handler as well:

[Expired]

That will keep current setups compatible..but, will be a little more expensive to use.

Once this and another update get settled, we can look into updating bots.

But, these two updates are pretty big changes that (I feel) need to take place before moving on.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 10-30-2015 at 06:56 PM..
Old 10-18-2015, 03:48 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Either command is good, but I like that it's shortened. If it could be parsed on any channel would be a huge benefit as always having /say or in that channel is annoying.

Celestial
Old 10-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Uleat
Developer

Actually..now would be a good time to implement some new bot commands.

I didn't realize that it would be this involved..and, adding new commands shouldn't be that difficult with the level of converting that I'm doing.

Bot commands are open to any suggestions since they don't affect 'normal' game-play.

If you submit something and don't see it in the final release, message me and I'll take a look at it again.

Anything that requires a redesign of a current system or extensive additions to implement, probably won't make the final release.

Those should really be added as separate revisions.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Haven't been able to play in quite a while so forgive me if this is already a command, but my biggest gripe was caster bots joining tank bots in racing up to mobs to attack. No biggie at level 10ish but when mobs start raging the stupid casters are going to get wiped out. I would like the caster bots to remain in back while tank bots run up to the mob.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm pretty sure the 'follow' code is to blame for that..it can be looked at and adjusted. The bots are probably too close before they engage.

Probably just need to check distance during combat and adjust back to a proper casting range.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Uleat
Developer

Ok...

I haven't heard any feedback concerning the actual tokens (command names) .. so, I'm probably going to revamp those as well.

There's just too much over-lapping context with certain commands that it complicates things when trying to add new/similar commands.

This will be a one-time deal and will take some getting used to by the players..but, I think it will be for the better in the long run.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-25-2015, 12:12 AM
starblight
Sarnak

Here are a few commands or ideas that I could see improving the bot use experience.

Definable area as home base. This could be used to stop bots from following you out on a pull. I would think being able to set a distance that bots could roam form camp would also be useful so that they could still kill a running mob for example.

Stop bots from attacking as soon as anyone in the group gets aggro no matter how far away. I am not sure on best fix for this but setting the main assist attacking being the trigger for bots to attack could work.

Bots casting buffs over and over because they will not land for some reason. Not enough buff slots open or other spells preventing them. Maybe have a setting to turn on only major buffs like haste and KEI Or best 1-5 buffs only? Or if it dose not land then do not try again unless asked to refresh buffs?

I have seen enchanters pull massive aggro when a mob is unslowable or very resistant by chain casting slow. I am not sure how one would solve this. Maybe add in stances that would be more likely to give up after a few fails?

Add follow other command for groups with a mix of humans and bots. This could be useful to divide your bots up by type to keep them safe or in the mix depending on what you want. So a enchanter could follow a healer or nuker class. Rouge could follow another melee class and so on.

I realize I did not spend a lot of time writing this out so if any hard to understand let me know and I will elaborate when I have more time/sleep.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Uleat
Developer

This is why I was asking about the command tokens: [Expired]

Naming is crucial to avoid unneeded parameters.

I'm implementing a rule to allow 'normal' spell usage or to force the spell target to the bot owner/owner's group.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 10-30-2015 at 06:57 PM..
Old 10-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Uleat
Developer

Link to current state of bot_command.cpp: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?Module=...Paste=2lR94iYW
(Expires in one week)

The update-to-date command handlers start around line 2400.

Anything with /*xxxxx*/ preceeding the function is up-to-date.

At this stage, I still need to compare to the old handlers to see if adjustments need to be made and then I move on to tweaking and finalization.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-24-2015, 06:29 AM
emuzual
Fire Beetle

hi,

First i would like to thanks you for the great job you all do on the Emu.
AKKA, your wikki "setting windows server" work like a charm as your complet repack thanks alots

What relation with subject in here ?

After installing Repack i discover that there wasnt BOT option .. damned i will never see POT alone :(
So i took some time to install a windows server folowing step by step AKKA wiki.
Sweet i have Bots ....but i cant create raid group .... long live to Quarm.

I will never have enough time to involve in quild or other online solution to might see Quarn one day .

So as playing kinda with bot server i would say
could you pls implement bot raid option

An other think that could be really fun on which that could completly change bot way of using would be
#Bot take place, that could put you through the bot command, like you do with your toon.
#Bot release to go back to your toon.
I know .. or only imagine this might be hugh development and change on the emu but the idea is cool

Best regards
Long live to Emu.

PS : sorry for my horrible typing as i am french and english is not my mother tong

Quarn, i ll beat you one day .....
Old 11-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

Both of those suggestions will take system redesigns to accomplish.

Bot raids may be an option at some point in the future.

Not sure about le substitut du client for bots. Nous devons adapter nos modes de pensée à la nouvelle système.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Uleat
Developer

Ok...

Here are the first-round spell scripts for bots to use through the new command system: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree..._spell_scripts

Feedback is appreciated!

Compilin' Dirty